• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Forrest's First Christmas Sweater

apwerner

Never thought I'd put Forrest in clothing, but it's been getting so cold and he sort of freaks out and won't go to the bathroom if it's cold and windy. So, of course I couldn't resist when I saw this little sweater at the store. (On a side note, is it safe for him to sleep in the sweater?)

Also, we don't usually have a door mat in front of the tree, but Forrest is so funny and won't sit on hardwood. If we're 10 feet from a rug and I ask him to sit, he prances over to the rug turns around and sits. So, to get him in front of the tree I had to have some sort of mat there :)

13 weeks and 2 days old.

Less interested in taking pictures, and more interested in finding where the treat is :)

DSC_7766

DSC_7771

This is Forrest doing his best to restrain himself when I tell him to "stay." It is actually pretty sweet, but you can just see it in his eyes that he is trying so so hard. Sweet boy :)

DSC_7784

Somebody couldn't wait any longer and bolted towards me trying to get the treat...out of focus, but still funny :)

DSC_7792

At this point he figured out that if he sat for long enough while I took pictures he'd get his treat.

DSC_7800

DSC_7801

DSC_7802

He is absolutely gorgeous!
The sweater is adorable too. I love the colours on him.

My Kokoda makes that face if he is waiting to be let inside after going to the bathroom.
He knows he has to stay as i open the door and he tries so hard its so cute.

I think the sweater is safe to sleep in. i Knw you can get dog pajamas so i dont see why a sweater wouldnt be ok. But i am not 100% sure, I am interested as to what others say.

And as a side note from me, it is not getting cold here, it is SO hot!
It was 31 today and about 90% humidity. Yuck.
Also, what kind of camera do you have. i am really wnating to get a nice camera. (maybe in the after christmas sales as a gift to myself ;) )

Oh. My. Gosh.

These are the cutest pictures ever!!!!! Thank you so much for posting...I too would like to know what camera you have!
Gosh, Forrest has captured my heart (and Brooklyn's too, she has a crush he he).

Forrest is adorable! Love those photos by the tree!! I laughed about putting a rug in front of the tree so he'll sit. They are funny creatures, aren't they?

Awww, Forrest looks adorable! He makes your Christmas tree look REALLY humongous though! LOL.

Forrest is adorable! I love the cavalier tilt with his head. It's like: I'm listening to you, but I don't QUITE get it anyway ;)
His sweater is wonderful!
It's early to have a Christmas tree, do you change it after a few weeks? Mine won't be bought until the week before Christmas, if I have to avoid it is drying out :) But it looks so nice, I wish I could get the tree now!

Oh my goodness, if he isn't the cutest little Christmas helper, I'll eat my hat
give_heart.gif

He is truly adorable.

Your photo's are always so cinematic, you have a real eye for detail. Beautiful.

OOOOHHHH MYYYYYYY GARRRSH!!! What a sweetie pie. I just want to swoop him up and give him kisses. He looks delicious, really. Beautiful photos too!

Desrae said it perfectly, he is delicious! I could just gobble him all up.

I love the one running toward you, and I especially love the head tilt ones. The sweater is adorable!

I love Forrest in his little sweater. And what a good boy he is, sitting and posing for the camera.

Forrest has the sweetest eyes. I love how he is concentrating so hard to sit still!!!! Love him!!!! Has he bothered your Christmas tree at all??? I'm a little worried about putting our tree up and Sonny getting into trouble......icon_nwunsure

Thanks so much for all the nice words! I appreciate it!

Denali-I used a Nikon D700 with an 85mm f/1.4 lens on these photos and bounced an sb900 flash off the ceiling for a little extra light. It's a wonderful camera but probably a bit of overkill for hobby photos. Honestly, any Nikon slr will do a great job. He slept in the sweater for two nights and then the weirdest thing happened. He had a huge growth Spurt overnight and it doesnt fit at all anymore!

BrooklynMom-thanks! Forrest would seriously love to have a girlfriend, but for now his stuffed dog will have to do :) camera question answered right above!

Ourempire-it's a fake tree :) we didn't want to worry about keeping a tree alive so we went with a fake one. We were also a little concerned about Forrest eating the needles off a real tree.

Ashleighelizabeth-he hasn't! We made a point to not put any ornaments down low, but he's only tried to play with it once. We find that if we aren't fussing over something, he usually ignores it. So, since we are never playing with the tree or messing with it he has no desire to. I'm shocked he hasn't tried to play with the skirt more...I guess we have another month for him to do that, though! :) I would go for it!

hi
omg he is so so beautiful and that coat will keep him lovely and warm
i could kiss him for hours and hours good luck with him
i bought my louie a coat similar to that one 2 day's and i car'nt get it on him

Back