• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greetings from Illinois!

IsabellaBugatti

362941977_34775e01bb_m.jpg
Hello! I am a proud 1.5 year Cavalier momma of Isabella Bugatti (Bella). I just discovered this board. It's so exciting to see how many Cavalier lovers there are out there! I know I'll learn a lot from all of you!

icon_welcome to you and Bella! ;D

Mary Alice and I have learned a lot since joining.

Lots of great information and great cavvie savvie, friendly folks! ;D

Thanks Cathy! Bella name was inspired by a couple of things...Bella's breeder names all of her dogs after cars. My husband and I are both car fanatics - particularly European sports cars, so it was a perfect match for us! Secondly, I come from a proud Italian heritage, and since she's my "little girl" I wanted to give Bella an Italian name. Thus, Isabella (my favorite Italian name, meaning is "God's Promise") Bugatti (a beautiful Italian race car). As a bonus, her "nickname" of Bella, means beautiful in Italian. :) We are thinking of adding another Cav to our family this summer, so the naming thought process has already begun. :)

That's neat. I'll be curious to see what you come up for the next one! Can't have just one you know ;)

Oh no, as so many are fond of saying - they're like potato chips - you can't have just one! (as seems to be my motto for cats as well!) :lol: I'll keep you posted on the name once we know for sure we'll be expanding our family. Maybe I'll ask the dicussion board to vote on it! :D

Welcome to the forum Teri and Bella and cats! :D
I'm kind of new here too. I have 6 Cavaliers at the moment. And you're right about "you can't have just one". We planned on having only 2 at first but the numbers have increased over the years. ;-)

By the way I grew up in Illinios many years ago.

Best wishes from Norway,
Anne Britt and the Edelhaven gang.

Welcome to the Board!!! I was born in Illinois and grew up right next door in St. Louis.

Enjoy your time here and looking forward to hearing more and seeing more pics of Bella!! :flwr:

Thanks Lani and abh! We're actually pretty new to Illinois - we moved here from Texas in June. Bella LOVES the snow here. :)

Well, I also lived in Houston for almost five years too ... I'll bet you're finding the weather a little colder in Illinois than Texas ..!!

Lucky got his first snow last week ... he hates it. The snow is cold and he lifts his paws and limps like he's injured ... then I end up picking him up ... I've got to invest in the booties for him. :flwr:

Hope you enjoy the board - the people here are great and it's a great source of information, whether you just read or post questions. Whenever I have a question, I post and I get such great advice!! I'm so happy I found this board the weekend Lucky came home. :)

hello!

We would also love to say hello to your beautiful Bella! I'm originally from Illinois, too, and happen to be Italian...my husband has gotten me into Formula 1 racing, so since we have so much in common, I had to say hello! thanks for your kind reply on my introduction page!

(did you ever see Disney's Cars: "Luigi only follow Ferrari...." :lol:

Lani - Thanks so much for the note! I'm from Houston originally, but have lived mainly in the Dallas area. The weather in Illinois is definitely much different! We got 5 inches of snow today. I have to say that I'm not tired of it yet - it's still novel to me to have actual seasons! :)
Poor Lucky! I guess we're fortunate that Bella is such a trooper about it. She dives right in even though it's about chest high on her. Of course rain is an entirely other matter. Getting the paws wet is not at all appealing to her. :)

Natalie - My goodness, we do have a lot in common. My husband is a HUGE Formula 1 fan. I'm sitting at his desk covered in model F1 cars as I type. :D I have to admit that I have gotten into it too! How has your husband taken Michael's retirement? Was he a fan of Ferrari?
I have not seen Cars yet. I will have to watch it just for that line! Thanks for writing!

well...fernando alonzo was giving him a run for his money!

My husband is super upset about it, though...he sometimes hangs out with the Ferrari club (of course we do not own one, they are kind and let my husband tag along in his old BMW waving the Italian flag)...he's not even Italian!!! he calls Alonzo "unibrow" behind his back. How mean!
You know, I wasn't going to see Cars because I thought it'd mainly be Nascar (which is big around here near Charlotte, NC), and there is a lot of that, but hang in there and watch it through the end...oh, I can't stand it....I can't ruin the surprise!!! Let me know how you like it. I was pleasantly surprised. It was quite good. Not to knock Nascar, but you know who the real racers are!! ;)
I am originally from Naperville, Illinois in case you are near there. Take care! Natalie

Yes, my husband was a big fan of Michael. Now Kimi is going to be the driver he roots for. I must say I'm completely smitten with David Coulthard. (y)

I can't wait to see Cars now. :D Have you seen Talladega Nights? There is a bit of an ode to F1 in it as well. Not entirely flattering, but pretty funny!

I have to admit, I kind of like Will Farrell...

Even though Will Farrell is such a goof, I did enjoy that movie. The F1 guy was Borat! I hadn't a picture of David Couthard in my mind, so I Googled him. He's very handsome and suave looking...kind of that "strong jaw" type. Reminds me a bit of David Beckham, hubba hubba. (boy, haven't used that in awhile, wonder how it came out of the recesses of my mind). I promised Mike we'd go to a european F1 race next year, I'd love to go to the one in Italy (and stay with George Clooney, too, but maybe not....) icon_whistling
let me know when you see Cars! :D
Natalie

Back