• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

new domain for my rescue site

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I just got ckcsrescue.com -- was very surprised it wasn't taken. I want to shift the rescue site over to its own domain. :)

WOotWOot!! Congrats Karlin... glad you got what you wanted!!!

In this day and age... I think every possible type of domain name is almost taken...

Do you get much of a waiting list for your rescued dogs? I was quoted 2 years from someone in the south of England. It was too long, so I went ahead and bought one.

I think far fewer go into rescue with far longer waiting lists in the UK. I sometimes have people waiting a long time and sometimes they get a call right away on a dog -- depends on what they are looking for and if the home sounds right for a particular dog. Many have very young children and I am cautious at putting an untested rescue dog in with small children, especially if the home is inexperienced with dogs.

The less picky people are about age and gender of their prospective rescue dog, the better their chance of getting a companion sooner rather than later. Everyone wants females under two -- which I almost never see in rescue.

In the UK it can be better to keep an eye on pounds and shelters or to consider a rescue from many Tears in Wales, which get cavaliers from puppy farms regularly. Also NESSR sometimes have them. From what I understand it is extremely difficult to get cavaliers through the breed club rescues in the UK.

Back