• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Apparently Conflicting Studies of MVD Genome Research in MVD

RodRussell

In a November 2011 report in an upcoming issue of the Veterinary Journal, UK researchers state that they failed to find genetic differences between early-onset and late-onset MVD in 36 cavaliers. Nor did they find loci associated with mitral valve murmur in a genome-wide association study.

But, in September 2011, another team of researchers, studying 241 CKCSs, reported in the Journal of Heredity that they identified two specific locations on cavaliers' chromosomes CFA13 and CFA14 which are associated the breed's hereditary mitral valve disease.

So, what's up? See the details here http://bit.ly/tekmyt

I was thinking about this last night. is it possible that dogs with early mvd just age quicker than other dogs. One of my dogs has just been diagnosed with a murmer at 6 years old and is already greying and arthritic. my papillon is 9 this month and not a grey hair on her and acts like a pup

Back