• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

problems getting thread topics to come up

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why this is happening but it is taking more than a minute for pages to come up on threads, though the site and subsections come up right away. This only seems to have been happening since last night. I am trying to figure out what the problem is; I assume others are having the same issues.

It seems slightly better now... I can't find any specific reference as to why this would start now. I'm waiting to see if it might be a network issue that works itself through by the morning... this time is the first time it has opened a topic in under 10 seconds as opposed to hanging for over a minute. :shock:

Yep definitely back to normal here -- earlier I couldn't get anything to open in under a minute; now they are opening up as normal. Must have been some traffic issue.

Often if something happens in the network it can take 2-3 days for readdressing etc to work through the global system. The site is working fine at this end! (I'm in California at the moment).

Hmmm, was working really slowly earlier today again. I put a query into my hosting guys to see if it's a network issue, a hosting issue or something in the software setup.

I'm glad it's ok today. I've had a really busy couple of weeks with the children being off and family down so I haven't been on the board for a while and really missed it. Yesterday I sat down with my coffee ready for a good catch up and was disappointed it wasn't working again. :x

Back