• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update - need advice

Jen114

I do not know if the amount of wees are normal this is why i am asking advice all the time on this matter...

I do not think she is ill because when ever she has been ill she just walks around with her head down saying please feel sorry for me!!!

This was her wee pattern yesterday ... is it normal ( oh by the way yes she does drink well)

3am
2pm
11.30pm

I know that does not sound much but we took her for walks at 12.30 for 30 mins and at 17.00 for 45mins and nothing ...hmmm weird

I am happy to say that last night she did not wake us up to go wee wee... and she did first thing this morning at 07.30am :D now we will see how it goes today :x

I'm not sure what is and what isn't normal !

Bailey goes quiet alot

6am
7:30am
12pm (sometimes twice)

Then throughout the evening he goes about 2-3 times

His last wee is normally between 9:30pm and 10pm and then he doesn't go again till 6am...... He has about 3 poo's aday to

Jen114 said:
...This was her wee pattern yesterday ... is it normal ( oh by the way yes she does drink well)

3am
2pm
11.30pm

I know that does not sound much but we took her for walks at 12.30 for 30 mins and at 17.00 for 45mins and nothing ...hmmm weird

this sounds just like how belle was, she used to hardly ever pee. They got her checked by the vet and everything was fine. They took her on long walks and she would never go. but she would pee in the house at home. but not that often. she also was a dog who peed when she got excited, like when they came home from work, so maybe that's why she didn't pee later when they went for a walk. she has kind of outgrown this i think.

Are you sure she is only peeing this little and not going somewhere where you don't notice?

This seems a worryingly low amount of urine to be passing. I would be sure to have an OK from a vet for such small amounts as if she is having trouble passing urine you'd want to have that checked.

Mine all need to go out every 4 hours or so and could only manage longer with some discomfort or if sleeping as then, they do not need to go out as frequently.

Most of us would be very uncomfortable holding urine longer than 4-5 hours and if you have dogs outdoors you will note they go far more often than that by choice.

she is not doing any where else ...

when she is at my mom i know they ahve a good 1-2hour afternoon nap if not longer....

and we take her out every day at 7 - 12 -4 -7 -11 and she only chooses to wee at 3 or 4 of the walks

wow Kayla doesn't go to the bathroom very often at all!! To be honest with you Kosmo goes every 4 hours! I never have to worry about him having to go in between because I let him out every 4 hours and he goes. Good luck!

I would get it checked out with the vet. When I bring mine for a walk they go for several pees.

Joanna

Jen114 said:
...I do not think she is ill because when ever she has been ill she just walks around with her head down saying please feel sorry for me!!!...

Unfortunately you can't necessarily go by this because dogs often don't show signs of discomfort, maybe they have a high pain tolerance, and they're distractable, and have to be pretty sick in order to act uncomfortable. They can act perfectly happy despite having wounds and things.

My cat had the opposite thing. Years ago, she was peeing all over the house. It was so distressing. It smelled awful. We had just moved to a new place with a backyard, and stray cats congregated in the backyard, and we even let one of them inside, and it was after that that the frequent peeing started. I brilliantly (NOT) theorized that she was marking her territory, and it went on for a few months before i (duh) got her checked by a vet (on the advice of a cat psychologist), who found a fairly bad urinary tract infection needing antibiotics. My point is, she never acted sick or as if she was uncomfortable other than peeing a lot.

I don't know if you already mentioned this, but how much water is Kayla drinking? I don' mean exactly the amount, but do you notice her drinking very often? If she's not very active she might not be drinking much, and thus, not peeing much. ? Definitely a vet's call imo.

Back