• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ella humping

anniemac

I just walked to get ella who got off bed. She was humping my friends leg who was asleep on couch. Why would she do this?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lol. Jasper used to hump my leg then when I put my hand down to get him off he was on my arm! This was at dog obedience so embarrassing. Now the pair of them hump each other and it doesn't matter which end. Lol
I have been told it's a dominance thing? I'm sure someone on here will know.

There's a whole thread in the Library section on humping behaviour. It wouldn't have anything to do with dominance when it is a human leg :) -- probably just feels good. Lots of females do this as well as males. Just call her and distract her with something else to play with like a toy.

Ah too funny! I know how embarrassing it can be though. Our dogs are very very polite and never have humped someone's leg, but have gotten a bit excited and Bob does the hip rotation thing while walking around not know what to do :lol: and Belle, well she gets really excited when greeting my husband and she will try to hump him WHILE giving him a face hug! :yikes It's very embarrassing, we just distract her. I do really believe she gets a bit 'humpy' when she is excited about something, it very rarely happens, but it is funny, poor things!

Back