• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chesney broke his front foot

timclayton

On our wet holiday in Cornwall (not a patch on the west coast of Ireland). We went to the Trevano gardens, got caught in a shower and waited with many others in the porch of a conservatory for it to stop raining. Then all of a sudden the doors closed, no warning, no obvious signs, and closed over poor chesney's foot. Took him straight to a lovely vet in Hayle (Animal Vet Services) where Johan xrayed him and fixed him up. He's been in a cast for 3 weeks and is having another dressing back at our local vets today. I hope he heels up ok, he had only just started cocking his leg (9mths), so falls over now when he tries to balance his leg.

Anybody have any similar problems?

How long is he likely to be in a cast?

We hope only 4-6 weeks.cavtiny

I'm so sorry to hear about Chesney's poor little foot! That's purely awful and must have really hurt.

Sounds like you had a good vet and I'm sure he'll be his old self as soon as the cast comes off. I can't comment on the timing, sorry!

Oh my goodness the poor little guy! I hope he heals quickly,seeing as he's so young I expect it will.It must be interesting trying to keep the cast dry.
Sins

Oh, ouch! Poor little Chesney. I hope he is healed and pain free very soon. That is just awful.

The funniest moment was when we were in Polpero the wife went shopping and I was left in a crowd who all wanted pictures of tehir children with chesney his broken foot and the little bootie we put on it to keep it dry. I should have sent around a hat.

He had another re-dress yesterday and our local vet said he should be fine in two weeks and doesn't need another re-dress of X-ray. So we are all feeling better now.

I will post a photo of his trendy footware when I get a chance.

Thanks for all your kind comments

Hope Chesney is feeling better what a terrible thing to happen to the poor baby.

Back