• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

More About the History of The Cavalier Breed

Bet

I did'nt know where to put this ,so have started a New Thread.

A number of Years ago I was in contact with Miss Neal, she had been involved in Breeding what she Called Pocket Cockers .

I have a Photo of One standing next to a 1 Pint Milk Bottle who was Smaller than the Milk Bottle!

Miss Mostyn Walker ,the Breeder and Owner of ANN'S SON,bought 2 of those Pocket Cockers from Miss Neal

Miss Neal also had Inter-Breeds, Breeding King Charles Spaniels and Pocket Cockers,some-where ,because Miss Neal was also interested in Cavaliers ,she had photos which had a look of Cavaliers in her Stock

Miss Neal mentioned she finished up with 7 Generations of Minature Spaniels ,which she somtimes out -crossed with KCS with the result of one in particular ,who had the Sturdy Body ,but had the Cavalier Type Head .

I have lost touch with Miss Neal now, but I do wish I knew what she meant by mentioning the Cavalier Type Head.

This was in the 1930's.

So what was the Cavalier Type Head she was referring to?

Any of the Photos at time did not have the the Small Heads and Deep Stops that so many of the Cavaliers have now-a-days, this type of Cavalier Head seemed to appear in the early 1980's.

This is just another Fascinating Part of the Jig-saw that makes up the History our Beloved Cavalier Breed

Bet

This is interesting to read, Bet.

I wish there were several pictures taken at different angles of Anne's Son and Daywell Roger. I've only ever seen the one photo of Anne's Son, but have seen at least two of Daywell Roger. It would be interesting to see close ups of their heads at different angles.

Back