• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

**SORTED!! TRANSPORT: Stranraer Sat 16th

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Uk folks -- I can get Hammer, the blenheim poorly boy, to Stranraer with Cecily on Saturday to arrive for around 2pm. He then needs to get to Aileen down near Nottingham. If anyone can do any *piece* of this journey or is on the general route south and perhaps could hold him overnight as he heads south, please contact me anmd Mattie's Mum (Aileen). She is seeking help from Dogpages in the UK and any rescues that might be able to help, too.

It is a long trip south but not a whole lot closer than the Welsh ports and the best option I have for him right now to get to the UK before the new year. If you have wanted to help rescue and can spare some driving time on this coming Saturday here's a great way to get involved and send this little cavalier to its forever home! :flwr:

I have sent a pm to you both, we're in a position to help out. Please let me know if this is any good to you.

Got your PM! :) It turns out I have just learned that it may solve or close to solve the transport problem! I have an offer to get him all the way from northern England to Aileen if someone can get him to a location that I am *hoping* is near to you or on your return journey, if you collected him. I have a PM out to get final details of where these folks are, then I will PM you and see if it would work for you. It would be great if we can solve this very long journey this easily, keeping him in such good hands from board members, all the way. :flwr:

You can't beat teamwork! :lol:
It's a real Christmas rescue mission.

Aileen... hope it all works out and you have an extra mouth to feed turkey to Chrismas day :flwr:

Anything we can do to help this wee boy, just ask and we'll try our best. Even if he needs to go further on the Saturday thats fine. Or a sleepover at ours, we're on board :D

:mexwav: :mexwav:

Woo hoo!! Thanks to the generosity of people on this board, this fellow is now all set to connect to get to Aileen -- all the pieces are in place. Thanks to Yvonne for fostering, Cecily, Murphy's Mum, and Cynthia at NESSR -- and of course Aileen for taking him and Donna for providing backup and generously volunteering to help.

I just cannot believe a future has all come together like this for this poor dog -- he has a life ahead of him again. :D

:w**h**: :w**h**:

Well done everyone, its so nice to see that with a little bit of effort some good can be done :flwr: - mind you what more can we expect from a forum of cavalier lovers?!

All the best for everyone next weekend, I'll be thinking of you :flwr:

b*n*n* :jmp: :jmp2: This has truly made my day!! :w**h**:

Congratulations to all involved in getting Hammer to his forever home :hug: :thnku: :thnku: :thnku:

{{{{{Aileen}}}}} may I wish you a wonderful wonderful Christmas with your new furbaby and :xfngr: that he will live to share a happy and loving forever home with you :hug: :rah:

Oh! A true Christmas miracle. I think you all will really truly be blessed for giving this his Hammer his peace on earth!

I echo what Mary said. It's very touching all of you, your compassion and generosity. Merry Christmas.

:thnku: :thnku: :thnku: Aileen, Cecily, Murphy's Mum, Cynthia and of course Karlin. I have been so worried about this poor little man and am now in tears of joy knowing that he will be safe and warm for the rest of his days :hug:'s to you all.

Aileen, if ever you need any temporary care for him for any reason then he's always welcome here :flwr:

Well done everyone, thank you so much for all pulling together and making one special little boy's Christmas going to be a happy one :D

Back