• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Im so lucky

meljoy

I posted a while ago about putting Leo in kennels as Im off to a family wedding tomorrow and wont be back until Sunday.

Well one of my closest friends has offered to have him for the weekend. cl*p My friend and his partner have a holiday home on the Suffolk coast and are taking Leo there. They plan long walks on the beach and the surrounding country side:grin:

Im so very lucky to have good friends that want to help out.....although I suspect that my friends are actually very excited to be taking Leo on holiday, they've told their neighbours they're bring him.

Hopefully they'll take photo's of him on the beach which I'll post.

That's good news, I'm sure you will be sending him with a list of instructions :) Especially to be careful with doors and around roads as Cavaliers have no road sense at all - they love everything so how could anything possibly harm them :(

Also to stick to normal food and treats, to avoid upset tummies.

Perhaps put a temporary id tag on to give their contact details too [those sm luggage tags are good]

Send familiar bed/bedding so he feels secure.

I'm sure you know all this but it's always worth reminding ourselves :cool:

Hope the wedding goes well - and that Leo has a wonderful weekend [personally I'd rather be going with him than a wedding LOL]

Thanks,

I have of course given strict instructions regarding feeding and safety. My friends know NOT to let Leo off lead and to keep doors closed. Ive stressed it very strongly.

They have already said he can sleep in their room with them so he feels safe. They've joked with me as they often look after my kids and they said I dont give so strict instructions on do's and donts when they have the girls :roll:

Thanks for the advice though.

Aw bless! You'll probably end up missing him more than he'll miss you, which is good... but doesn't it always happen that way? Enjoy yourself!

Ooh its just so great when things work out like this! I hope they get some pics also. Cavs on the beach are the best!

Sounds like Leo will be having a bit if a Holiday. Wow.....good for him. Hope you enjoy your time at the wedding.

That's good news, I'm sure you will be sending him with a list of instructions :) Especially to be careful with doors and around roads as Cavaliers have no road sense at all - they love everything so how could anything possibly harm them :(

Also to stick to normal food and treats, to avoid upset tummies.

Perhaps put a temporary id tag on to give their contact details too [those sm luggage tags are good]

Send familiar bed/bedding so he feels secure.

I'm sure you know all this but it's always worth reminding ourselves :cool:

Hope the wedding goes well - and that Leo has a wonderful weekend [personally I'd rather be going with him than a wedding LOL]

Awww. What u said about cavies is so true. Its heartbreakingly endearing how sweet and innocent they are...

Mel, So glad you got Leo sorted. I am sure he will have a wonderful time with his carers. I've got a lovely schnauzer and a pug staying at the moment and they are all having a great time withnot a minutes thought for their owners.:)
Hope you have a great time at the wedding - it certainly looks like being a beautiful summers day.

Thanks everyone.

The wedding was lovely as was the weather.
Leo was returned to me this afternoon and he has had a fantastic time. My friends have walked him several times :biggrin: He's fast asleep at my feet now.

He woke my friend up at 5.30 this morning with some kisses so they took him out for a walk then!!
As long as he doesnt think I'll be doing that:roll:
They've spoilt him and said he was a joy to have and they'll do it anytime. He didnt pine for me which was a relief but when he got home he did jump all over me cl*p

Back