• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pdsa

Charlotte

Tomorrow (26th) Charlie is going to the Pdsa at 2:30pm because the last few weeks he has been 'coughing' as if he is trying to cough comething up, i heard once this can be a sign on the heart murmur, anyone know if this is true?

Last edited:
There's a few things it could be Charlotte - it could poss be kennel cough, so when you go, keep him outside and go in and tell them what you suspect - then only carry him in at the last minute as it is highly contagious.

Alternatively it may be his heart - are there particular times of day, eg after he has been resting, first thing in the morning? They would be more indicative of a heart cough.

The PDSA will be able to tell you more, keep us posted and hopefully we will be able to help you a bit.

Good advice -- and yes let us know what you hear back! Best of luck tomorrow.

He mainly coughs when he's in bed, in the morning and when he gets out of bed and sometimes he has to get out of bed to cough, its like he's trying to cough something up, its weird. Will let you know :)

That does sound more like his heart then Charlotte I'm afriad - but there are very good medciations available to help support the heart.

Has he been diagnosed with a murmur previously?

Does he have annual check ups? These are so important for picking up the early signs of disease.

Hi Charlotte, it does sound like others have said that it is his heart. The cough that Jasper makes is like something is stuck in the back of his throat, as you say a funny sort of cough. Try not to worry to much as others have said that with medication they can have a normal life. Good luck for this afternoon.:hug:

Hi Charlotte, it does sound like others have said that it is his heart. The cough that Jasper makes is like something is stuck in the back of his throat, as you say a funny sort of cough. Try not to worry to much as others have said that with medication they can have a normal life. Good luck for this afternoon.:hug:

Just came back from the pdsa, apparently the vet thinks he may have lung worm, he dosnt know for sure, but he gave us some treatment stuff to give him, its like flea treatment. If it hasnt gone in a month then we have to go back and he said they will have to do tests. I cant see how it is lung worm because he dosnt eat snails or slugs, he hates them, is there any other way dogs can get it apart from eating snails/slugs?

hi Charlotte how is Charlie getting on? I think maybe you are due back to the PDSA this week?

I found a good website about Lungworm which explains a bit more...www.lungworm.co.uk

They don't actually have to eat slugs and snails...

Eeeuuuwww not nice!! When I took the puppy to the vet they mentioned lung worm is on the increase...I've treated mine with Advocate - does fleas and worms and as it's a sopt on no trying to get tablets down the cats neck!! Result.
I think one type of worm isn't treated by this so I give the dogs a drontal tablet in and out. Hope the cough gets better soon!!

Back