• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Puppy (no name yet!)

Here's my little guy! Still no name yet, but it will come. Born 4/13/2014 and I get to take him home at the end of June :lotsaluv:

14132581575_b2a0c15487_c.jpg
[/URL]week3-1 by afmckenzie30, on Flickr[/IMG]

14132581655_78c7d10c51_c.jpg
[/URL]week3-2 by afmckenzie30, on Flickr[/IMG]

14132581585_519439e260_c.jpg
[/URL]week3-3 by afmckenzie30, on Flickr[/IMG]

13945912349_449662bb96_c.jpg
[/URL]week3-4 by afmckenzie30, on Flickr[/IMG]

Beautiful little pup. I wish my wife would let me get another - yes, I'm a wimp - she runs the roost. I am eager to get a post that says your little guy is home.

more from the breeder! I am obsessed with these weekly pics! I am a teacher and have been posting them in my classroom and my students love them. I also created a chart where students can help me name them. Since I'm in elementary school, some names are quite ridiculous :) Look how big he is getting!!

14071218108_a90cda7501_c.jpg
[/URL]5 1/2 weeks by afmckenzie30, on Flickr[/IMG]

They're so sweet at that age. His muzzle is just beginning to grow! And such a serious expression... :lol:

No, I am so indecisive!!! I keep going back and forth. I think I am going to give up on picking a name until I meet him in a few weeks. Maybe magically I'll just know (y)

more from the breeder! I am obsessed with these weekly pics! I am a teacher and have been posting them in my classroom and my students love them. I also created a chart where students can help me name them. Since I'm in elementary school, some names are quite ridiculous :) Look how big he is getting!!

14071218108_a90cda7501_c.jpg
[/URL]5 1/2 weeks by afmckenzie30, on Flickr[/IMG]

LOL! A few years back my daughters science teacher let the kids pick names for her puppy. The winning name was EINSTEIN, which is really funny as he's not the brightest!!

Did the litter have "theme"? Eg...old fashioned names...etc... The breeders usually go with some sort of naming theme. Maybe that would help.

Nope, no theme. At least, she never mentioned it to me, so I'm assuming no. My boyfriend likes Charlie. I like it too, but it's too common. Especially since I live in Boston and a lot of dogs are named that because of the Charles River and Charlie Cards (our train/subway ticket system). It's a common name here... ugh! I want something original and cute. Plus he does look pretty serious, so it has to fit his look! Any suggestions? I have less than a month to decide now!

If he is going to be Kennel Club registered then the breeder will give him a registered name. Maybe that will give you something to work on?

Whatever name you choose, make sure the shortened/nickname is one you're comfortable with also. We loved Sherlock for Oliver, but couldn't stand the thought that we would end up calling him Sherly. Also, when we got Oz, my husband wanted to name him Nomo - that was his clever way of saying no more dogs. But to me, I felt like the poor puppy would always feel like we were telling him "no"! So that name was out. Oz's official name became "Oz the great and powerful weiner dog" as my husband is partial to big dogs, but has relented to having 4 of what he calls "weiner" dogs. (Any dog smaller than a german shepherd (our first dog) is a weiner dog.) He now loves all four!!!!! He is really a softy at heart and Oz adores him.

We were thinking of naming our Great Pyrenees Noah, as we liked the name and it was also the name of the breeder's adorable son, but then we realised the dog would hear 'No' and think it was 'Noah'... :) . He ended up as Bryn, which I like even better. Trainers say names of one or two syllables that aren't similar to human names are best, and which also don't sound like the names of training words, or other dogs in the house (oops -- I have a Lily and a foster named Libby...). But I don't think the 'not like human names' thing matters at all!

It takes me ages to name cats or dogs. Our childhood Great Pyrenees was named Lani -- short for her registered named which was Rhopyrs La Belle Launcelette -- so sometimes the registered name produces a good name (well we all liked it and it was unusual, too).

Back