• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Darcy

misty

Can everyone please say prayers and keep everything crossed for Darcy over in Canada.

I only discovered Darcy's blog the other day. She is now in hospital, fighting for her life, with final stages of MVD.

Darcy was a six year old beautiful tricolor female Cavalier from Ireland who lived with owners Kim and Jerry Thornton and two other Cavaliers in California. She developed an aggressive case of early-onset mitral valve disease at age 3 years. Her blog is at http://darcysdaily.blogspot.com/ and it is a very educational course in the progression of MVD, how it is treated, and the side effects and consequences of the disease and its medications. She died today, June 27.

Rod Russell
Orlando, Florida USA

You have my prayers for a very brave little girl, Darcy. May she now be free and able to run and play at the bridge. This is indeed such sad news.

You are all in my thoughts, take care,

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Oh :( I didn't know Darcy had crossed. I just wrote to Kim and Jerry Monday sending them good wishes. I just don't have it in me to read her blog. I was e-mailed a picture of her in her little wagon and that picture alone broke my heart.

Cathy T said:
Oh :( I didn't know Darcy had crossed. I just wrote to Kim and Jerry Monday sending them good wishes. I just don't have it in me to read her blog. I was e-mailed a picture of her in her little wagon and that picture alone broke my heart.

Darcy only passed away yesterday. Sadly, I only found her blog on Sunday, but I felt like I knew her already.

I was shedding tears for her yesterday when she was back in hospital. :(

:cry*ing: Darcy was a brave and courageous Cavalier, and Kim and Jerry were brave and courageous too in sharing her story via her blog. I was referred to this site when my Ellie was in the last stages of her MVD and I do wish I had found it sooner. Darcey's blog is so educational, and imformative and yet speaks from the heart of folk who own a Cavalier and love that Cavalier with an unconditional love.Combined with a wish to eradicate this awful disease which affects so many Cavaliers and leads them to go to the Bridge too soon.

Although I never met Darcy, I feel like so many folk that we knew her personally and her courage shone through her postings albeit through her human carers who loved her enough to share her with the world.

Rest easy little one and play happy at the Bridge, you are sadly missed by all who were to know you via the Internet.

I was in tears yesterday when I saw that darling little Darcy had crossed the bridge :( I'd been following her blog for ages & she was such a brave little angel.

Go run free with the bunnies now darling. Free from pain at last. We'll miss your daily thoughts and hope your Mom and Dad are OK xxxxx

What a brave little girl and family, am sitting here in tears...... life or God is so unfair.

Claire said:
What a brave little girl and family, am sitting here in tears...... life or God is so unfair.

When I told my hubby about Darcy's Blog, he read it yesterday and was in tears himself.

The saddest thing is that Cavaliers we don't know about die everyday from this awful disease. :(

Back