• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Discover Dogs

Sandrac

If anyone is going to Discover Dogs this weekend they may see Cinders and Minnie.

Our Dog Training School has been asked to do the Kennel Club Safe and Sound Scheme demonstrations. We have gone through the rehearsals with the school children - the dogs with flying colours, the children? (well the jury is still out):jump:

One of the other trainers is handling my two on Saturday as I am off undergoing my assessment to become a member of the APDT. :xfngr:

But I will be there on Sunday. If anyone else is going please come and say hello - I will be in either a bright purple Safe & Sound t-shirt or a "Capable Canines" navy sweatshirt with cavaliers in tow. :dogwlk:

An artist called Alex is also exhibiting there and she has just completed a very large painting of the girls - I've given her the OK to show it as part of her portfolio for the weekend before picking it up on Sunday - cant wait to see it.

APDT - Association of Pet Dog Trainers - take a look at web site www.apdt.co.uk.
I have to take a class of 6 dogs and train them in 3 behaviours, then have a verbal "grilling" afterwards. Have already submitted written work and have got through that stage.

Oh cool, wanna come teach Dylan not to pull on his lead?! If he didn't pull he wouldn't air scratch so much. I'm doing my best to stop and change direction, it's starting to work.

APDT - Association of Pet Dog Trainers - take a look at web site www.apdt.co.uk.
I have to take a class of 6 dogs and train them in 3 behaviours, then have a verbal "grilling" afterwards. Have already submitted written work and have got through that stage.

Oh best of luck - I will be going for my assessment shortly too!!!

I might be going to Discover Dogs on Saturday 8th. A friend at college has a ticket going spare. I need someone to look after Dylan and my daughter has just come down with a bad virus so she I told her she won't be going back to work till Monday!!!

I hope I don't get ill myself while looking after Antonia.

Anyone else going as I'll be on my own?

I also can't make head nor tail of the train directions on the underground from the Discover Dogs website, can anyone advise?

Last edited:
Sandrac best of luck with your assessment. Pauline I hope you have a wonderful time there and navigate your way safely around the tube - I'm no help I'm afraid as I have no clue about where it is or how to get there.

I think I can just get the tube to Earls Court but they make is sound more complicated on the web site. I have mixed feelings once I found out it's run by the Kennel Club.

Pauline

Obviously I had the same dilema, but as I am going as part of our Dog Training School for the Safe & Sound Scheme I don't have a lot of choice. However, I did go last year and thoroughly enjoyed it - they do displays of agility and htm and there is lots of shopping opportunities for those special doggie xmas presents!:)

Shame I'm not going on Saturday, otherwise we could have met up.:(

I think what contrast this from recent issues I have with the KC is that this is what dogs are really all about, to me anyway. Seeing dogs enjoying themselves dancing or doing agility and having competitions for the waggliest tail!!

I can't go now though, Antonia doesn't like being left on her own at the best of times but she really isn't feeling well enough to be left all day. :(

I'll think about Sunday though.

Back