• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crufts 2012

I'm going on the Saturday with a friend who's wanting to get her first dog but isn't sure yet which breed - so we'll be spending a lot of time in Discover Dogs talking to people to find out the pros and cons of the different breeds. I'll also look in on the obedience, visit Cavalier Matters, watch some of the demonstrations that go on all day. Fortunately I am immune to shopping at Crufts - you could spend a fortune! But my two have got beds, crates, leads, dumbells, food that suits them and a box of toys they never play with and do NOT need anything else!

I was trying to remember when I first went to Crufts - I think I was about 12, when it was at Olympia in London - that would be around 1953! I was already keen on dogs, and can remember the Cocker Spaniel, Tracey Witch of Ware, winning BIS, and the wonderful Border Collie Megan of Monksmead winning the Obedience. Before you needed to qualify your dog in order to enter, I even showed my own Golden Retriever there once. And when I was a teenager I used to buy old pre-war copies of the Our Dogs and Dog World Annuals, to get photos of old Goldies to illustrate my pedigrees - I was a pedigree nut even then! The annuals often had a page of photos of the Pargeter Cavaliers - I noticed them because of the name, which is the surname of my mother's side of the family - pity I didn't keep them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I will be there on Thursday.:D I get there quite easily on the train and absolutely love the whole thing. The big bonus is meeting up with friends, two legged and four, old friends and new.

I'm going on the Saturday with a friend who's wanting to get her first dog but isn't sure yet which breed - so we'll be spending a lot of time in Discover Dogs talking to people to find out the pros and cons of the different breeds. I'll also look in on the obedience, visit Cavalier Matters, watch some of the demonstrations that go on all day. Fortunately I am immune to shopping at Crufts - you could spend a fortune! But my two have got beds, crates, leads, dumbells, food that suits them and a box of toys they never play with and do NOT need anything else!

I was trying to remember when I first went to Crufts - I think I was about 12, when it was at Olympia in London - that would be around 1953! I was already keen on dogs, and can remember the Cocker Spaniel, Tracey Witch of Ware, winning BIS, and the wonderful Border Collie Megan of Monksmead winning the Obedience. Before you needed to qualify your dog in order to enter, I even showed my own Golden Retriever there once. And when I was a teenager I used to buy old pre-war copies of the Our Dogs and Dog World Annuals, to get photos of old Goldies to illustrate my pedigrees - I was a pedigree nut even then! The annuals often had a page of photos of the Pargeter Cavaliers - I noticed them because of the name, which is the surname of my mother's side of the family - pity I didn't keep them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

That's so interesting! That would have been wonderful to see the old year books. I would love to go to Crufts but I am obviously in the USA. So we can watch online live? I loved the video last year of the Cavalier who won the heel work (I think)- dancing.

Hello Annie

I sat and watched your Westminster Show on Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it ,lots and lots of beautiful Cavaliers and I think that was
the first dog show I have ever watched apart from an odd clip of Crufts.

My friend and I are going on the Friday. It will be my first trip to Crufts and I am expecting to spend a fortune on my already spoiled pooch! lol
Open purse surgery!! ;)

I am going Thursday & Friday. I am mainly there to watch what ever is on in the Arena. Mainly Agility, Flyball and Heel Work to Music.

I will be there Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday as well :) Very exciting.

Going to see the agility and for the shops mostly! Got a nice big list of things to buy. Looking forward to seeing the Cavalier Matters stall too.

I'm mainly going for the shops and more "fun" stuff too. Like agility, heel work to music etc.
I didn't want to see the pedigree dogs all looking the same walking round and after PDE tonight I am even less interested. :S

Great to hear that lots of people are going - don't forget to pay a visit to Tania's Cavalier Matters stand - in Hall 5. Lots and lots of wonderful goodies for sale, raising money for Cavalier Health research [Rupert's Fund and the Cavalier Collection Scheme] and Irish Cavalier Rescue.

Also information, advice and support availabe.

Please go along and say hello!

Great to hear that lots of people are going - don't forget to pay a visit to Tania's Cavalier Matters stand - in Hall 5. Lots and lots of wonderful goodies for sale, raising money for Cavalier Health research [Rupert's Fund and the Cavalier Collection Scheme] and Irish Cavalier Rescue.

Also information, advice and support availabe.

Please go along and say hello!

We will definitely come and say hello. I am after the Cavalier necklace Tania has got in her shop.
I might not make Thursday now as I got nobody I trust enough to give Ebony her medication. Was so much more simple before SM.

And for those who belong to the Companion Cavalier Club - as you won't have your dogs with you, wear a bandana yourself!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I have just taken delivery of these which will be at the show. Will be advertising them on the shop soon.

6794636338_a2d1875b07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What great ideas you have Tania!
I would love some of these to sell on my stalls during the year, if that were possible please?

Oh my goodness I will be buying these :) ! So excited now. Please someone try and stop me spending 100% of my money here and saving something for food and shelter for the weekend??

I`m going to Crufts on Thursday!
My husband has bought train tickets for my sister and I to go! Like Sabby, I have problems about leaving Spangle for what will be a long day, so I didn`t think I would be able to go (I`ve been once before in 2007 whilst we were inbetween dogs), but my OH, Colin said he would do all the meds, eyes, feeding and walking that day.
I`m thrilled to be able to go to the CavalierMatters stand and meet Tania and any other Cav talk people and visit all the trade stands. Like lots of others I`m not "into" the show side of things, however I won`t be able to resist a quick look at the Cavaliers.
It will be strange leaving Spangle for such a long time, it`s almost 12 months since I had a weeks holiday without her!

Good idea Kate, I will wear Spangle`s bandana, but she`s a much better model than me!

Very excited! Does anyone have any idea how much those bands will cost? Trying to write up my shopping list in the vain hope of not spending too much money but I don't see that happening!

I do go simply for the shopping and agility however I always have a peek at the Cavalier showing - though not that I understand too much of what goes on. We just love to look at them. Plus up at the Discover Dogs stands we always spend about half an hour at the Cavalier one just getting cuddles :)

Back