• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Talk 2011 Calendar Photo competition

Nicki

This year we are going to have a competition to choose the photographs for the calendar - to be judged by Dr Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler cl*pcl*p

There will be an entry fee of £1 per photo, or 12 for £10 and together with the proceeds from the sale of the calendar, this will be divided equally between Irish Cavalier Rescue {run by the owner of this forum, Karlin Lillington} and Rupert's Fund.

www.ckcsrescue.com and www.rupertsfund.com

***Entries for the cover are free - for Cavaliers who have passed away since September 2009.

Each photo can only be entered ONCE into the competition, and can only be cropped and/or sharpened, EXCEPT for photos entered into the "Digitally Manipulated" Class. The photo must have been taken by yourself, and by entering, you are allowing us to use the photo for the calendars {but you retain the copyright}. The competition is open to all members of the forum in all countries - the judges are totally independent to allow everyone to be able to enter.

You can enter more than one photo per month.

You MUST be able to supply large JPGs at the end of the judging {early October} - otherwise, another photo will be used for the calendar.

There will be a prize for the winner of each category - if anyone would like to donate prizes, these would be gratefully received {please e-mail me at [email protected]}

Prizes need to be fairly lightweight as they may need to be posted Internationally.

Orders will be taken for the calendar at the start of the October, and payment will be required for an order to be accepted.

The front cover will again feature our Cavalier companions who have sadly passed away since the previous calendar {September 2009 to date}.

The themes for each month are:
January - Snow
February - Loving
March - Spring
April - Prettiest bitch
May - Handsomest dog
June - Puppy images
July - Summer
August - Cavaliers and their companions
September - Happiest Cavalier
October - Autumn
November - Digitally Manipulated images
December - Christmas
** All images featuring Cavaliers only please, except for August. **

Although there is obviously a class purely for puppy images, photos of puppies are of course welcomed in all the other categories.

Judging will be on the appeal of the photo rather than technical merit.

Payment for entries to be by Paypal to [email protected]
{so that I can ensure all entries have been paid for at the close of the competition}, alternatively by cheque or a bankers draft in pounds sterling payable to "Syringomyelia DNA Research" {please e-mail me for the address to send them to}. I will send the total amount to the research fund at the closing date.

Please quote your board name, and your full name and address with your entry. Thank you.

***The closing date for entries is 9pm on Wednesday 29th September***

PLEASE NOW REREAD THE ABOVE, AS ANY IMAGES NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES WILL SADLY HAVE TO BE DISQUALIFIED.

Any queries, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Sorry yes, GB pounds - don't worry, not stupid at all...

Thanks for your entries :snap::D

Cavalier 2011 Calender

Hello Anyone

I am very new to this...first time on this type of site. I have a fantastic pic of my
girl Tally, can anyone tell me what to do please!

Thanks for replying to this Charlifarley, but PLEASE CAN PAYMENT COME TO ME AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP, SO I CAN MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS PAID? Also so that I have addresses for prizes :grin:

Thanks very much.

<<<Payment for entries to be by Paypal to [email protected]
{so that I can ensure all entries have been paid for at the close of the competition}, alternatively by cheque or a bankers draft in pounds sterling payable to "Syringomyelia DNA Research" {please e-mail me for the address to send them to}. I will send the total amount to the research fund at the closing date.

Please quote your board name, and your full name and address with your entry. Thank you.>>>

Ahh sorry Nicki,
I jumped in too quickly there, hope I haven't caused too much confusion about payment etc.
Charli :sl*p:

Have paypalled £4 for 4 entries, hope my name and address will come up with the payment, if not please let me know.

Judy

Yes it has, thank you very much :-D {actually an area I know - I was born in Ickenham, lived at Denham for a while and then Uxbridge and Hillingdon in my 20s!! Oh and I worked in Watford for a few years...}

Nikki,

I did not realize that it is almost the deadline. I am clueless to things like taking pictures and size etc. If you pay by paypal does it matter if it is lbs. What to do, there are too many but even if she doesn't win it helps support Rupert's Fund. :-D

Just wondering.. When you say photo's can be shapened does that mean you can change the contrast as well? I have a cute photo to enter but I had to change the contrast a little because of the lighting.
Thanks!

Just wondering.. When you say photo's can be shapened does that mean you can change the contrast as well? I have a cute photo to enter but I had to change the contrast a little because of the lighting.
Thanks!

Yes that's ok - just very minor adjustments :D

Hi Anne I think it converts automatically to GB pounds, but you should be able to enter pounds as the currency {I think you've already managed this :D but may help someone else}

I'm going to add a few extra days as a couple of people have asked for an extension - so now closing Monday 19th at 9pm UK time.

You can use this to convert http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

It will be 4pm in Minneapolis if that's any help?

Okay I think I was frantically adding pictures but I have a couple left. Let's go Ella! Time for a photo shoot!

Hi Nicki

Just sent £15 via paypal for 15 gos tell me if I am wrong if monery is incorrect .

br

That's great Brian, thank you so much.

People have been very kind - we really appreciate all the entries, and the extra donations are wonderful - you know who you are, a HUGE thank you :D:D

Back