• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I Don't Walk That Sort Of Dog

Brian M

Hi

One of our construction jobs is a new bridge over the M54 near Wolverhampton ,and our site agent
on the job lost his labrador a month ago but he and his wife have finally decided to get another one
or maybe even two new dogs.So talking to him this morning I asked about any news on the dog front and he replied
" not yet " so I casually said " What about a Cavalier " and his response was " I don't walk that that sort
of dog" .I will not type on here my xxxxx response but part was " I am proud to walk my four little girls even when
they are wearing their pink check coats .

Any thoughts on anything else I could have said ?

Just as well really as you have to be a special sort of wondeful person to own a Cavalier and he obviously doesnt qualify
:wink:

Stuart walks Misty with her pink collar and lead, and her pink jacket when it's very cold :D

He obviously doesn't know Cavi's very well, my two are big dogs in a small body. I've never met another small breed of dog that I liked myself, as I've found small dogs yappy(my two "Wuff" not yap :cool:), and more likely to nip, especially a Jack Russell, but that's just me. Good on him for giving these two a home though :)

Silly guy I guess he has no clue that Cavi's are chick magnets!:rolleyes: So many times when we are walking I hear the comment "O so cute" I naturally assume they mean me!

Good Morning

The site at Wolverhampton is closed today so Chris is up here with us and after a quick interrogation we know that Ollie the JRT slept under their duvet and Mia the Husky slept on their duvet and they are well behaved little and large doggies and seem to have been well looked after .So it seems our story has a happy ending ,excepting of course Chris and his silly misguided view of our beautiful breed which I will take great delight in educating about the error of his thoughts and ways on a regular basis .

Best Wishes
Brian

Well each to their own I suppose, but is wonderful they have adopted these two, I wish them all the luck and many happy years together.

Hi

An update ,yesterday the Husky had the JRT around the throat and Maggie had her thumb punctured trying to pull them apart so
unfortunately Chris has returned the Husky and kept the JRT but is still looking foor one other .

Hope the JRT is alright :(

But just in response to what they said - my big burly partner is very happy to walk our 2, even with jumpers and pink coats :) he wouldn't have it any other way.

Jazz is a bitch and has purple lead and purple coat when it's cold - but my 6ft 3 partner does draw the line at the purple poo bags with love hearts on them!!! :rotfl:

That's a common problem with Huskies I'm afraid Brian. The man who used to walk two through my road hasn't been round with them for quite a while now, so I just hope that one of them hasn't gone for their little toddler he generally takes out in the buggy. He did tell me a while ago that the child liked pulling the Husky's ears and climbing onto their backs. I did say that this breed is not usually recommended for homes with children, but he insisted everything was fine.

Chris said
the last he heard from thr jrt was actually a movement under the
duvet in the area of Maggies feet and that was at 6am this morning .

Back