• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is Pro Plan a good food?

Lindee

Hi guys..my little Willow came with Pro Plan Puppy for small dogs. I have a bag of Eukanuba Puppy for small breed and have mixed a bit in thinking I would switch to Eukanuba. Then I heard someone say ProPlan is good....then some say don't feed Cavaliers puppy food. I used to feed my Lhasas Nutro brand because it doesn't have preservatives. What do you all think about foods? Should I be transitioning him out of puppy food?
Lindee

You don;t need puppy food now at 10 months whatever the case, so I'd switch to an adult food anyway -- but many if not most breeders do not recommend feeding puppy food. Some good breeders do use those two foods but personally I prefer others. I like Royal Canin for small dogs because they use human grade meat which many foods do not. I am sure others will give suggestions as well. I feed a mix of a raw diet, a cooked diet, and very occasionally, the Royal Canin (maybe once or twice a week). But feeding a raw or cooked diet takes some research into proper nutrition.

I feed ProPlan. I've done lost of looking at different brands and ProPlan is a good food that is easily accessible.
Royal Canin is also good. I don't care for Eukanuba, but lots of people do...

Maxx is now on James Wellbeloved and loves it. It's organic and hypoallergenic but I think it's only available in UK :cry:

Well, I had gotten a couple of samples of Wellness and mixed it in with the Pro Plan for a couple of nights. He has been eating fine now:) Today I put a bit of Pro Plan and a bit of the Wellness in separate cups-he ate ALL the Pro Plan first. I think he likes it better so I may just stick with that. I did switch to the adult/small breed. I think he likes the tiny bits.

Back