• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sense-ible harness ? UK Site?

msunter

Greetings all !

I was wondering if anyone can tell me of any UK websites that sells the Sense-ible harness for pullers??

Rio has been going to training classes for 5 weeks now and the Puppia is just not ideal for his horse cart pulling. :lol:

He walks to heel at times but still is very easily distracted, at 7 months he is doing quite well but we have read a little about the Halti (the one which goes around the chest, not round the nose).

We are confused, do you need 2 leads for this one? to attach to the chest and the collar??? :sl*p: and do you really need to buy the halti training lead or can you use two leads of your own???

We like the sound of the Sense-ible, but can't seem to find any UK pet sites selling it online.

If anyone can give their advice

V much appreciated :)

Melissa :flwr:

Thanks!

Generally Softtouch send any UK/Ireland and Europe Orders our way so I don't know of a UK site stocking them.

We will free ship one to you. Just measure your little one and order here and we will pop it in the post to you with instructions and some training info. I would imagine you need a small but just to be sure measure up.

Karlin has some for her cavaliers and they work well.

Hope that helps.

http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8

Tried a Halti Harness on Henry today as he has recently become a bit excited on walks and starting to pull, mainly when we first go out.

I took time to fit it well on him then just attached a simple lead to the chest ring. Didn't bother with a double lead. The harness has a dog clip that attaches to the collar as well so security is great.

Off we trotted and it was amazing. As soon as he moved forwards too fast he found himself turning and looking at me due to the action of the harness. No tugging or sharp pulls by the harness. He just was gently turned to face me. He walked along beautifully as he had been doing before. This harness seems to have just reminded him that we are there together and that his place is by my side not in front.

Very pleased with it.

Yes there are three version of front connection

SENSE-ible by Softtouch
Easy Walk by Premier (makers of gentle leader)
Halti which has the front and back connection

Softtouch the makers of the SENSE-ible now have the patent for the front connection harness as they are the original inventors. The fit tends to be good with these.

We just got the sense-ible harnesses for our girls, and I absolutely love how they respond to them. However, I've found that they cause their fur to matt like crazy. Does anyone have any tips for how to reduce the matting the sense-ible harness causes?

Back