• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppy caught a toad...or was it a frog?

*Pauline*

Poppy has been after this creature for weeks, I've had to spray the bottom of the fences with citronella to stop her spending ages with her nose stuck under the gravel boards.

I tried catching the little thing. I've never found one that escaped me but this one is very fast.

Well Poppy cornered him tonight and I dragged her off but she was back snorting. I took a good look and he was glistening, I hope that's not the poison toads excrete :confused:

Here he is, my neighbour held the torch while I caught him, rather stunned at this point and not even trying to jump. She took him down the road and let him go. (Oh no, Flickr has changed)
4863847441_f530166b4d.jpg

Cava is mental for catching birds / frogs & rabbits!
:lpy:

My bf's parents have a big country house with sprawling gardens, they keep chickens / ducks & geese ( she never bothers with these ). But they also keep cats, and can have up to 10 cats at a time. Now when Cava was a pup, she used to stay down there during the day and really bonded with a litter of kittens at the time. She would follow them every where and literally do what they did!

I dont know if it was her thinking she was a cat or her natural instincts but she often comes back with some sort of dead animal in her mouth! She doesnt want to eat it, just...........play with it ( which is WEIRD!!! ):eek:

Karls mam has told me its no harm, i dont know if everyday frogs give off poision? I could be wrong though, but i thought it was just jungle ones that are illuminous that give off poision.

I believe frogs are ok, it's toads you have to watch, some are lethal. I googled it and it seems if she had reacted to it, it would have been pretty soon after coming into contact. I cleaned her eyes, face and even wiped over the inside of her mouth with a wet flannel.

Glad it turned out ok :p

Iver loves chasing black birds when his out on his walks... But at home in the garden where the local dogs can't see him, he LOVES chasing butterflies (bless him) :lotsaluv:

Summer.

Back