• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Petplan insurance in TN

nursejess80

Just a little note to all of you in TN. I spoke with PetPlan today to check on insurance for Ruby, and he said it should be available in our state within 3 weeks, but hopefully sooner. I also spoke with a rep from Embrace, and they seem to have a pretty good program as well. Not too sure who I'll go with. Anyone dealt with Embrace??

nursejess80 said:
Just a little note to all of you in TN. I spoke with PetPlan today to check on insurance for Ruby, and he said it should be available in our state within 3 weeks, but hopefully sooner. I also spoke with a rep from Embrace, and they seem to have a pretty good program as well. Not too sure who I'll go with. Anyone dealt with Embrace??

Does Embrace cover hereditary conditions? If so, i would like to look into it.

Yes, it covers hereditary illnesses. They let you customize your plan, and you get discounts for micro-chipping and spaying/neutering. I was quoted a plan that had a 10% copay, $200 deductible, $10000 annual (which renews each year) with discounts for micro-chipping, and it came to $30.51/month. When she is spayed, it will be $28.99. They said there are no $ limits per condition, and they offer continuing care coverage, which basically means they'll cover chronic conditions. They also offer dental and prescription coverage. There's a 14 day waiting period for illness, 48 hours for injury, and they have a 30 day money back clause, so you can back out if you're unhappy. We're probably going to do this one because I don't care about coverage for vacations, death of pet, payback for lost ads, etc., and they cover what I really want. If we don't do this one, then I'll probably wait until Petplan is in TN. A post on Nov. 26 entitled Petplan insurance has some info about Embrace from the CEO with the website and phone number listed. You have to call the number to get the quote because there isn't an online link yet. Hope this helps!! :p

Back