• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Waxy ears !!

quoman

Any advise welcomed, I have 2 cavvi's, one is fine the other one has ears that resemble candles !!, I have tried umpteen remedies but none work, even the vet has given up with her potions and pills. Is this something I just have to live with, why does it only affect some ?, combing has become virtually impossible.

is it an infection? Do you have Zymox there?

Thornit is also really good - I have used it. Zymox cured Sparky's persistent infection that would not go away with normal ear infection remedies like Otomax.'

By 'waxy' do you mean literally wax, or the brown sticky stuff that is ear mites? Thornit might help with mites (though as it comes in an ordinary screwtop bottle, I never really worked out how to get it right down the ear!). For general ear cleaning I use CleanAural - it's good for dissolving wax and once the ears are clear, I use it once a month to keep them clean.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back