• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Mickey

Just thought you'd like to see a few photos of Mickey. I'll add more as I get round to it.

Mickey died just after 11pm on the 22nd February 09, of MVD, aged 11 and a half. He'd be acting completely normal until that afternoon, when he started struggling to breathe, and it all went down hill from there. He went to the vets that evening and they did everthing they could and they stayed with him; we are told he died peacefully in his sleep. Poor baby was exhausted. My only regret is that I wasn't with him when he passed, but I was boarding on panic attack state and it just wouldn't have been good. I spent a few moments with him sat in our garden just before he went to the vets though, I hugged and kissed him and told him how much I loved him, and I think he understood.

URL]

Last edited:
Can't see the picture.
Sorry for your loss- looks like you will be bringing home a new puppy soon. :) I hope he will bring you just as much love and joy as Mickey did. Cavaliers are pretty good at that.

Oh sorry, don't really know how to do these pictures, not very good with things like that :rolleyes: will try again and see if I can sort it out.

Yeah looking forward to the new puppy, it will be nice having a Cavvie in the house again.

So sorry to read of your loss, Mickey was a very handsome looking boy. My Jasper has MVD and has been on medication since January, he seems fine except for a few coughs, he is still being monitored by the vets, she wants to get him off of the water tablets due to they can damage the kidneys. I do worry what the future will bring for him.

What a gorgeous boy, you must miss him terribly.

I'm sure he understood your goodbye, and perhaps it would have been more stressful for him if you'd been with him if you were that distressed anyway. Please don't feel badly - he obviously had a wonderful life with you, and was lucky that he was only ill for a short time.

What a wonderful looking cavalier! I'm so sorry for your loss. After our last golden died 3 years ago, it seemed so quiet around the house:(

Although you couldn't be with him, I'm sure he knew you were there in his thoughts.

Heather R

There he is.....what a handsome little boy he was. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a very loved little man.

Pauline - thank you so much for putting the photo on properly for me! :)

Jasperspaw - sorry to hear your boy has MVD, I wish him well xx

Thanks for all your kind comments, brought a lump to my throat! He really was a beauty, on his back there was a 'C' shape in white fur, I used to always say it stood for 'Cavalier' :p

Aw, I am so so sorry for your loss, I really am. Lovely picture, he was a dote. I am sure he and my little rascal have met at Rainbow Bridge....

Back