• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Questions about 15 week old Cavalier pup

jolynne25

Hi,

I recently purchased a Cavalier pup who is now 15 weeks old. He is a sweetie with great qualities. However, he sometimes growls when others will pick him up - not me. The other night my husband tried to pick him up when he was sleeping to bring him outside and he growled and nipped at him. Is this characteristic of the breed? I had another Cavalier for seven years who died of mital valve; however, he didn't have a mean bone in his body. This little guy is more vocal, but I don't know about the growling. Should I return him to the breeder? He cost a pretty penny. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jolynne

It's not typical for Cavaliers to bite.

Perhaps he was startled when your husband went to pick him up, or he is a bit too attached to you and felt threatened.

Have you considered obedience classes to help you both?

Back