• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh no lyndsey stop scratching!!!!!!!!

keekycat

I was half asleep (work nights) at 2:00 pm when the mirror on our dresser began to shake. It started rattling pretty bad and even though the mirror is secure on that bureau it looked as if it might fall. My Lyndsey, who sometimes takes to sleeping under the bed when she wants to cool down was lying under the bed and scratching at the same time. Thought she was going at it so hard she was shaking the mirror.

Little did I know it was just our unexpected 5.9 earthquake passing through in Maryland.

Funny how my poor Lyndsey was getting blamed for something that was unexplained. Sorry baby.

Some people felt it all the way in charlotte.

I have heard before that dogs can sense earthquakes before they happen. I wonder if she felt something wrong before?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Glad you are OK.

Some people felt it all the way in charlotte.

I have heard before that dogs can sense earthquakes before they happen. I wonder if she felt something wrong before?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

We get some earthquakes here. The last big one was a 7 point something (can't remember) and Sydney slept through it!:rotfl:

We supposedly had it here too.....

But I did not feel it as I was in the car at the time. But hubby said Gracie barked like mad for a bit for no reason and seems to be about the right time for the quake. It definitely seems like it was felt more in Virginia, DC and Maryland than here. And no... we are NOT used to getting these. And a hurricane potentially coming as well.

Yeah, here in Southeast VA it rocked us pretty hard. And like GraciesMom says....we are expecting Hurricane Irene to make landfall sometime over the weekend. Yikes!

Yeah, here in Southeast VA it rocked us pretty hard. And like GraciesMom says....we are expecting Hurricane Irene to make landfall sometime over the weekend. Yikes!

Yes and I'll be sleeping today as well. Hope in my haziness I don't blame my Lyndsey for anything else like any problems from the hurricane. LOL. Maybe she did sense something.

Karen H

Hahaha! Rose gets blamed for "the unexplained" too ;) . Some people felt the earthquake all the way into Alabama and Georgia. I was doing my respiratory therapy, which makes me shake anyways, so I didn't notice anything :p . I think Rose sensed it though, because she started barking and looking around about 30 minutes before the story came on the tv. I had scolded her for barking her fool head off (the Travelers commercial sets her off- there's both a dog and a meowing cat in it, lol), but she wasn't looking at the tv when she started barking, and it was just people on the commercial that was on...I admit, it freaked me out a little bit when the earthquake news popped up and I put 2 and 2 together. I felt like I owed Rose an apology too ;) .

Back