• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weird chewing action.

Natalie

lady's been doing this weird chewing action today i heard a crack so i am assuming her teeth are moving about and that she's teething again i tried to look inside her mouth but she flinched it's at the side so i fairly big tooth coming in and pushing the other one out. She yelped as well when she was in the crate has anyone elses pup done this when teething? I have been giving her ice cubes which she seems to like but she really clingly and wants to be on my lap more than usual so she must be in some pain. She still very playful though.

That would make me nervous and a little worried. The last thing you want is for her to crack a tooth! I'm a cautious cavalier mom, and usually take them to the vet for things like this. :flwr:

i can't see any broken bits in her mouth or in her crate, i remember when i lost milk teeth they would make a cracking sound as the root broke away is it similar in dogs or not?

Natalie said:
i can't see any broken bits in her mouth or in her crate, i remember when i lost milk teeth they would make a cracking sound as the root broke away is it similar in dogs or not?

When Clancy was losing his big molars in the back, I noticed he was bothered when they were very loose. They would move about when he tried to chew and even drink. I think it was uncomfortable and weird feeling! If you can, try to check and see if that's what is going on. Clancy would perk up once the tooth actually fell out.

hi the tooth fell out yesterday and another has come in, in its place it's all the way through now do they normally so quickly to come in. She eating all her food today and very hyeractive today making up for yesterday have done loads of training sessions and played in garden to wear her and me out.!

Natalie said:
hi the tooth fell out yesterday and another has come in, in its place it's all the way through now do they normally so quickly to come in. She eating all her food today and very hyeractive today making up for yesterday have done loads of training sessions and played in garden to wear her and me out.!

I think the cracking sound you heard was probably the loose tooth hitting the new tooth on its way in! I would hear Clancy's teeth do that when one was really loose and ready to go. It's kind of creepy sounding, and I know that Clancy was disconcerted when it happened. He was definitely quieter and it was hard for him to eat at that time. Glad that she's feeling more like herself!

Back