• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wallis - 9/1994-2/2008

Crittercall

I wanted to share with you that my wonderful Wallis is no longer with us. We decided just over a week ago (2/29) to set her spirit free from her painful body.

Those of you who remember Wallis may also remember that she had a grocery list of problems that included CHF, interstitial pulmonary problems, cancerous tumor. But what got her in the end was arthritis and joint problems. She reached the point where she could not get up without help. We had started her on Zubrin a few weeks ago, knowing that we were looking at quality of life and not quantity. It helped miraculously the first week or so but then it didn't seem to be doing anything.

I have a picture I wanted to post - but right now my brain is foggy and I can't get it to work.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss of dear Wallis. I followed her story through your posts. I know how much you loved her, it showed so in your stories of her. :hug::lotsaluv: to you..

I will watch for her picture when you're up to posting it. Take care.

Sweet memories for you of your dear Wallis. I'm so sorry for your loss :( and know that Wallis welcomed seeing the Rainbow Bridge and her arthritis is no more.

Donna, i am so sorry to hear about your dear wallis, she was a lovely girl, you have done the right thing to set her free from her pain and we all know how much u have done for this girl. When u get urself together post the picture that u have so we can see ur precise girl!:flwr:

You will be sadly miss wallis!

Oh I am so sorry to hear of Wallis' passing. She was such a lady, stocially holding her own through all her illnesses. You are in my thoughts. :hug: to you at this time.

Looking forward to seeing Wallis' picture when you can post it.

So sorry to hear that you have let Wallis go to the Bridge. Just remember that she will always be in your heart.

Donna, I still have a hard time believing she is gone. I felt she was such a part of my life from your stories and struggles. Rest well Wallis....you had a long and very loving life.

Oh Donna so very sorry to hear this news. Wallis was very special to many of us on the board through your wonderful stories and photos. She will be very much missed.

Donna I am so very saddened to hear of Wallis's passing, your overall love for her shone through in your posts about her, Goodnight and God Bless Dear Sweet Wallis..........:luv: :hug: :luv:

Oh Donna, Sweetheart.. I am so sorry about Wallis. :( I know how much you loved her and how special she was to you. You are the perfect model of a doggy parent and I hope you know that.

I know you have a froggy brain sometimes, so I have taken the liberty to post Queen Wallis' picture for you :) I really love this picture of her, as I know you do too.

b134082142.jpg

I found this beautiful poem I thought you might enjoy

A "GOLDEN" GOOD-BYE

I sit and try to write the words, I want your heart to hear.
Hoping to find some comfort, in the fact that your not here.
I look out into the open field, that you once occupied,
Knowing now that field is empty, because my love, you've died
I do believe with all my heart, that your soul has gone to be,
With all the other angel dogs, that you were meant to see.
We will have to stay behind, until God calls us too,
So do not be afraid, that he's only called for you.
The water is still, in the pond that you played,
And your bed is so empty, where your pretty head laid.
Our bed is to empty, where you once laid between,
the two people who LOVED you and now only dream,
That one day our eyes will shut one last time,
and you will come greet us, angel of mine.
Until then, I'll keep trying to see through my tears,
with memories you left us, to reflect through the years.
We'll never forget one minute we spent,
of loving and laughing, of places we went.
And I dread the day that your scent disappears,
for it's "proof" to me, Wallis, that you were just here!
But one day will come, when we'll start to see through,
the pain of the moment, and remember just "you".
Now you go and play, and look down when you can,
remembering we love you, and this isn't the end.

-Holly W. Gray, Shockie's mommy

***HUGZ*** to you Donna and I hope you're feeling a little better today as I know how hard this has been on you. Rest in Peace Dear Wallis *ng*l*ng*l:lotsaluv:

Sara...you have me in tears with that poem. It's beautiful. Donna, that is a wonderful picture of Wallis. You know how sorry I am. Wallis was one of a kind!

I'm so sorry for your loss of little Wallis. It's difficult to say goodbye to our beloved cavs, but you did the most loving thing by setting her free. :flwr:

Donna--I hope you're feeling a bit better as the days pass. I know you'll always miss sweet Wallis, but she'll always be with you and I truly believe you'll see her again one day--just like Sara's poem (which had me in tears) said...

Hugs to you and your family~:flwr:

Back