• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

White Discharge....

Justine

Last couple of weeks Archie has had a white dischrage from his eyes,the vets have looked why he was under having his teeth de scaled,they said they could see nothing untoward,no hairs or dirt or infection,so any ideas....Please.

I would call a vet optometrist ASAP. You GP vet just might have missed something. At least of you call the optometrist, they might be able to even tell you over the phone if you need to come in or not, or what it might be. If you don't have a vet optometrist, the local animal hospital probably has one on staff.

Here is what I found when I researched:
White discharge from your dog's eyes may be the result of dry eyes, conjunctivitis, inflammation of the eyelid or cornea, glaucoma, abnormalities in the eye or lens problems.

Or like Sydneysmom said, Allergies.

Did your vet do a test to check the tears? They put a strip of paper to the eye and it absorbs the liquid on the eye, it is held for a certain length of time and has a measure on it, to record the level.

BrooklynMom is right, often it is due to dry eye - does he have his eyes part closed some of the time?

It is certainly something you want to get checked out further, not just dismissed like that - eyes are very delicate - and precious - and things can go very wrong very quickly without treatment.

Hi they did the tear test,anyway,phoned the vets and have some cream,will see if it clears up,he hasnt been squinting and it hadnt gone green,so will see.If it comes back proberly dry eye.

Back