• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh how tempting...

Maxxs_Mummy

I know where there are 3 little Black and Tan baby boys, who, as of yet have no new homes lined up. They are only a week or so old and I am soooooooooo tempted to defy my hubby and go and stake my claim on one of them.

The fact that I am totally skint at the moment bears absolutely no consequence on the matter at all ;)

Maxx would love a B&T baby 'brother' to play with, I know he would as the only 'babies' he bothers with are his B&T ones :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone got any ideas on how to raise the necessary funds????? No point in trying to sell my soul, I did that years ago ;) :lol:

What if you sold your hubby on Ebay?
Put a reserve on it for say ? a few under what you need! that way he won't know why he is being sold LOL

steph

:lol: :lol:

Welcome Steph; great avatar pics!!

Donna I love B&Ts (and rubies...). I'd be so tempted too!

It's a really good idea and sometimes even more tempting than a new puppy.

If I did that though I'd have no one to do all my heavy jobs and gardening and stuff for me :| He has his uses bless him, I've still to find out what most of them are of course.....

Oh wow, don't i know it. And boy, i'd like to marry or borrow one every now and then! Especially at moments when i'm lifting a bag of top soil at the home improvement store lol.

I don't know? noone seems to come running to help. I'm 5'0" so maybe they just don't see me, all they see is a bag of topsoil moving down an aisle.... icon_whistling

ah i guess thats where i'm different, i could never imagine living with another guy again (except my son whos 5 and Harry!!) since i kicked my hubby out 2 years ago

there's nothing a man can do that i can't icon_whistling

i have the answer...you can phone the news of the world showbiz team and tell them that you slept with david beckham, and you will earn enough to buy as many cavaliers as you want ....hell you might even become the next rebecca loo,s lol.. icon_yikes

Cailloux said:
Oh wow, don't i know it. And boy, i'd like to marry or borrow one every now and then! Especially at moments when i'm lifting a bag of top soil at the home improvement store lol.

I don't know? noone seems to come running to help. I'm 5'0" so maybe they just don't see me, all they see is a bag of topsoil moving down an aisle.... icon_whistling

Steph, I'm only an inch taller than you - I have the same problem except I always approach these tall good looking guys in supermarkets and DIY stores and say "Excuse me, I'm such a shortass, could you reach this for me please?" - Works everytime....

Oh and btw, I could do with a break after he shouted at me for splashing fence paint on the new greenhouse base so i'll send him over to you to do your heavy jobs....

looking-for-a-friend said:
ah i guess thats where i'm different, i could never imagine living with another guy again (except my son whos 5 and Harry!!) since i kicked my hubby out 2 years ago

there's nothing a man can do that i can't icon_whistling

I wish I could say the same - I have a spinal injury that prevents me from doing so many things. The kids are quite useful but hubby does things when I ask him, not when he feels like ;)

cleopatra said:
i have the answer...you can phone the news of the world showbiz team and tell them that you slept with david beckham, and you will earn enough to buy as many cavaliers as you want ....hell you might even become the next rebecca loo,s lol.. icon_yikes

Ugh *Shudders* perish the thought - I'd rather have one Cavalier than even have the thought of sleeping with DB enter my head icon_yuk he's got to be THE grossest man ever & poor Victoria, she needs her head seeing to :roll:

i agree, i wouldnt touch him with a bargepole either, but if i was gonna be paid a lot of money, when i am sure i could be tempted, i would just close my eyes and think of england lol :lol:

No David Beckham just doesn't appeal I'm afraid LOL

Sorry Donna, the Premium Bond win failed to materialise again :( so I can't send you a cheque for a pup....

I'll let you into my secret - I save £20 per month and every 5 months buy a premium bond, this is my "next Cavalier fund". THere's always the chance of winning some money, and you have to write to cash in the bonds, so you don't tend to "dip into" the savings.

It's not always easy to find a rescue Cavalier, but often young adults can be obtained from breeders/show homes, whom also need a loving pet home. They are usually fairly expensive though :( , hence the need to save! This is what happened with TedBear, and I'm so thrilled with him.

My favorite hubby strategy is making the hubby think things are his idea and letting him talk me into it. This strategy takes practice, but it works really well! LOL Think of something that your hubby really wants or likes and hint that you would trade it for the puppy. Then, insist that you were only kidding and that under no circumstances do you want another dog. But think aloud about how cool whatever the thing hubby wants is. You know, say something like, "yeah, if we got the puppy now, we could save up for that boat you've been wanting next summer, and I would contribute my Christmas bonus. " Then wink as if you are kidding, and say "No, we don't need a boat or a puppy." :D LOL Works every time.

Yes, I am a wee bit devious!

We husbands don't have a chance, do we? That sounds REALLY familiar. Is there some kind of secret club that wives join when they get married :lol:

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

Back