• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Which pet insurance is the best?

Hi all,

as i am on this board, i am getting a cav king charles puppy. It will be 8 weeks old when we get it.

What pet insurance can you reccomend, that does not cost the earth

He will not be chipped when we get him, but we do plan on getting him chipped after a month or so.

Many thanks

Mark

Someone shared this with me when I first joined CT and it is a great link to compare all of the different insurances.

http://www.pet-insurance-university.com/

I ended up going with Pet plan because it seems like they had extensive coverage for hereditary problems and congenital defects; however it sounds like Trupanion is really good too!

Oh and I guess it depends where you live. I live in the United States, so I think the different insurances vary a bit depending on which country you live in.

It really depends where you are - are you in the UK, UK, Ireland, Europe, etc?

I also have Pet Plan. It has been okay for me but premiums still go up every year. I do like that they pay for my dogs' dentals (after I've met my deductible). I've heard really good things about Trupanion as well. MY dogs are 5 and 6, but if I had a puppy I might look into Trupanion.

Back