• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chico's home

Rj Mac

Chico's first day at home

Hi folks,

That's us home now, with Chico all settled, and introduced to everyone, only thing is we'v decided to re-name him Charlie, as we thought it suited him better, and as he almost completely deaf it makes no difference to him;)

He has settled so well for his 1st day, just an absolute dream, a little about him for you all, he is 12yrs old, has a grade 3 murmor, however at the moment that is very settled with his medication, we had a visit to our vets today, and he was extremely happy with his general state of well being, and also with his meds.

Personality wise, he's just so gentle, we are so happy,and lucky for that matter to have been alowed to home him:D

Here's a few pics of his 1st day....

IMAG0695.jpg

IMAG0696.jpg

Hello Lucy...
IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

Tried to get all 4 in here....
IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to your new home Charlie!! Hope you have the best days of your life here :)

He is a gorgeous older gentleman, bless him ,he is adorable...I will look forward to the many updates about him and the rest of your crew.

A few more....

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0702.jpg

Muuuuuuummm.......
Image0355.jpg

Ah my new bed.....?
Image0356.jpg

Image0358.jpg

But, i think the couch is much better....

Image0359.jpg

That's the lot for now folks, i hope you like them:p

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for posting some pictures so soon. He is every bit as gorgeous as his picture on the BC website. Well done for rehoming him and looking forward to hearing more of his adventures with your family. We're all sending big hugs to beautiful Charlie.

Carol,Paul, Elise and "Princess" Kaley

He looks very well for his age,not an ounce of excess fat on him!
He deserves a comfy retirement home,looks like he's landed in clover.
Sins

Thankyou so much for giving this adorable gent a home for his twilight years, taking on a dog with medication for heart problems is not for everyone. I applaud you.cl*pcl*p

Nanette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations guys!!! Charlie looks absolutely lovely and I'm delighted he gets to join such a wonderful caring and happy family. You are so generous to take on such an elderly gentleman . I wish you all the very best of times together :hug::hug::hug:

Thankyou all very much for your kind words, we'v also had our 1st walk together, so took a couple o pics of that too....

Image0364.jpg

Image0363.jpg

Image0360.jpg

And just for good measure, here's 1 of Megan....
Image0366.jpg

Charlie is gorgeous - I love his grey eyebrows ;)

Looks like it didnt take him long to settle in :lol:

Charlie is one handsome lad, RJ.He looks right at home.I'm not sure on the name of the one on the sofa titled "Mummm" :eek: But the look on their face :D I never tire of seeing the many cavalier expressions.

Lovely pics

R
x

Charlie is one handsome lad, RJ.He looks right at home.I'm not sure on the name of the one on the sofa titled "Mummm" :eek: But the look on their face :D I never tire of seeing the many cavalier expressions.

Lovely pics

R
x

Thankyou, he seems to have taken everything in his stride so far, he's picked a spot on the sofa, and that's been him:slp:

The 1 on the couch with Lisa, is Lucy....our youngest:d*g:

R.

Oh Ryan thank you so much for all the photos - tears of happiness here to see this wonderful old fellow so happy, making friends and just where he should be - cuddled up on the sofa to enjoy his retirement.

He looks amazing for his age - I adore the oldies, there is something so special about them.

I wish you a long and happy time with Charlie - like the change in name too, Chico didn't really suit him.

I hope Jake and the girls are enjoying their new companion - love the photos of them all together, especially the bribery LOL

Thank you again for adopting Charlie cl*pcl*p

He's so cute! Congratulations to both you and him. I'm sure you'll make each other happy. He looks perfectly sweet and gentle.

What a handsome old boy. You've got yourself a lovely dog, well done. cl*p How lovely to see an 'oldie' get a chance. Did you mention how he came to be rehomed?

Thankyou again everyone fr your kind words(y)

Did you mention how he came to be rehomed?

It's a sad story to be honest, he's been a loved family pet of a retired widow all his life, but she took un-well, and had to go into care, and there was no-one to look after him, so he was passed into rescue.

On a brighter note tho, after his 1st night here, it's went really well, he's slept straight through over night, curled up beside the girls in our room, no probs at all:slp::slp:

He's a little picky with his food just now, but hopefully that'l settle in the next few days as he gets used to us and our routinesicon_nwunsure

Here he is this morning, after our wee 1st stroll of the day....

Image0367.jpg

Image0368.jpg

:l*v::l*v:

Back