• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

smother hugs!

Gracesbigsis

Cavs sure show their affection in many unique ways! Grace gives hugs and gives you a mouthful of neck and chin cause she doesn't like you breathing on her. She also licks my hand as if I have somethiing tasty in it. It's so cute! Do your Cavaliers have any unique ways of saying "I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!"

You describe the "cavalier hug" perfectly! Many cavs hug people by shoving their chest and head into a persons face. Cedar can be so push with her hugs its suffocating. What a brilliant way to die, I say ;)

I agree, what a perfect way to go! Wesley definitely likes to give a mouthful of neck. He wraps his front paws around my neck and straddles my chest with his hind legs and just licks the air. He wants to be picked up like a toddler! :lol:

Cody prefers to lay his entire body across my face. :roll:

It's like they want to be as close to you as humanly possible.

i love the 'lick attack' as we call it....sometimes indy seems to lose all self control. he flies onto our chest, puts his paws on either side of our necks and attacks his oriface of choice (he really likes eyes for some odd reason) and licks frantically as long as he is allowed.

is it just me or are cavaliers very lick-y dogs?

k

I feel so left out - mine don't do that! When Wallis was young she always had to sleep ON me with her head resting on my shoulder or on my calf. And we all know that we dare not disturb our Cav's rest for the sake of our own comfort!

Wallis is very "bosomy" - lots of thick hair on her chest (and lots of tumbleweeds in the house), but she has never come at me like that. Tibby loves my husband more but she doesn't do it either.

I'm a defective owner!!

Grace also wags her tail so hard that her entire behind follows. We call it the "butt wag." Also, she starts barking at you if you don't acknowledge her presence fast enough. It's like "I WANT TO HUG YOU NOW!!! :lol:
She likes makeup, too. We call a friend of mine Tastyface cause she wears a lot of foundation which Grace likes to lick. Whenever we say "Tastyface is coming!" Grace runs up to the screen door and stares at the road waiting for her and whining, especially when she drives up. Grace knows her car so she goes CRAZY when she sees her!

my milo does the cavalier hug thing as well...monty just likes to nuzzle as close as he can get into my body...milo's also strangely attracted 2 my ears? he licks them puts his mouth around them and sort of sucks them without the actual sucking part (i dont kno how 2 explain iT!).......milo's a really licky dog...he really gets into it! monty is more gentle in that sense.....and when milo wants to kiss you or get you to touch him he'll do the "woo woo" owl like bark...its so cute :p

Coco loves to hug too!! she's wags her tail so hard her whole behind swings just like grace!! we call it the "beyonce"!!! she's shakes her butt and then when i bend down to kiss her she wraps her two paws around my neck to hug me and my mouth ends up stuck in her chest!! if i try to move she makes a sound as if to say "dont move - i'm COMFORTABLE!!!" So i just pick her up as if she's baby and eventually she moves her head and rests her cheek on mine and i'm happy to stay like that until she gets bored :) it's without doubt the favourite part of my day :)

Oooh! I can't wait to be smothered under a bunch of fur!! I am counting down the days until my little Cicero comes home!!
4grdi5u.gif

We get all the "HUGS" we can stand from Fauna. However, a friend of mine calls it the "mind meld." LOL.

JaneB

I can't stand this!! My Cavaliers don't do this. What have I done wrong? I thought I had raised them right!

I've got to find someone that I can visit to get a Cavalier hug.

Hello,

Lucas and Kasper like to hug aswell, especially when your sitting down. On they both come, Kasper goes behind your head and cuddles you and Lucas decides to put each paw on either side and plave his chin on your face so you can breath...

Soo funny now there is too of them..sometimes i just sit there and let them do want they want, bums and waggy tails in my face - ha ha

Take Care
effie
x

I actually wrote in another thread complaining that Toby is always "hugging" me. He never licks, thank goodness, but he does the Cav hug and puts his nose right at my lips and sniffs all over my face. His little nose is so so cold and damp, sometimes it drives me crazy.

To Critter...sorry can't remember your full name, do you sit still long enough for your cav to cuddle you?

I know my sister is always sad that her cats won't sit in her lap and cuddle the way my cats do with me. I pointed out to her that there has to be a lap for them to sit on, and she never sits still.

Over 60, and she is constantly on the move, cooking, cleaning, jazzercise, sewing, walking, whew, I get tired just thinking about it. Me, pretty much if I'm not at work, I am a couch potato. It is commom for me to have both dogs and 2-3 cats on me and on the couch most of the time.

Have you tried just doing quiet time with your pup on your lap for an extended period of time? Kinda build a bond.

I love the Cavalier Hug! :D Teiglin likes to hug me as soon as he wakes up and decides it's "morning", whether it's in the middle of the day or night :roll: He also really likes to lick my eyes and ears, and if he's been in his crate for a while, he'll come out wagging his tail like anything and hold my hand in his mouth for as long as I'll let him. :D

I'm so glad this thread was started, I was wondering if this was a cavalier thing. (too shy to ask) Lexie started doing this about a week after we brought her home. She is very (licky) kissy as well. She loves to be kissed on her chest when she is giving her "hugs".

Guinness has never done this. But Willow does and it's lovely. Bailey also does this - especially after he has been for his morning toilet call. He'll jump onto our bed and hug Shirl. He also likes to cry while he is doing it. - we cry back to him - so he does it even more.

I love them.:paw:

I feel kind of sad that Daisy doesn't give hugs. She's definitely more of a licker. I remember when we picked her up at the breeder, there was another adult Cav there who I picked up and she just tightly nuzzled her head under my chin! I was in love! I wished Daisy had that habit. She lays on her back in my arms like a baby and looks adoringly up at me, and licks anyone who will hold still for it. But not a hugger, sadly. :d*g:

Sabrina does the cavalier hug to me almost everyday, especially when I come home from somewhere. She loves to be picked up like a baby then look out, cause she is all over you. As said earlier certain orifaces get a very good cleaning. ARGH!!! Sometimes I am gasping for air!! I love her to pieces though.

Back