• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dear Jake

OhMarley

Dear Jake,
September of this year will mark the second anniversary of both your birthday and the day you passed away. We have been so filled with grief since you passed we never laid your ashes to rest. Today we finally did, under an Azalea bought to remember you. Like you it’s pretty to look at and so bright and cheerful you can help but smile when you see it. Now you lay in the yard you once played in. I miss you so much still, writing this I can't help but cry.
I loved and love you still so much.
My dear Jakey, you truly were my best friend.

jakewebsmall.jpg

jakeandlucywebsmall.jpg

There was always a reason we didn’t bury his ashes, the garden wasn't pretty enough yet, it was too soon, wait till spring... With Marley coming home this coming Saturday we knew it was time, time to let go of Jake, time to say our goodbyes, as hard as it is. A new era is starting, its not fair to be hanging onto so much baggage…
So we did it… I feel far more at peace now, (hasn’t stoped the tears when I think to much about him) , But I can smile remembering all the things he did that brought me so much joy. Now he lies under the frangipani that once grew in my Nan’s yard, she passed away a few years ago and loved him dearly, it only seemed right to place him next to her tree, I know he's keeping her company now, waiting for the time when we'll all be together again. I posted this poem when I first wrote about Jake, now that we've laid him to rest, I'll post it again as it truly hit a cord for me just after he passed.

Only Wanted You
They say memories are golden well maybe that is true,
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you, a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly, In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no on could ever fill

If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.

Our family chain if broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again

jakeyandsirmoose.jpg

jakethebaer-1.jpg

O.K.~Your making me cry in my coffee!
What a wonderful and sweet tribute to your Jake....Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

What a wonderful tribute to your sweet boy, he looks like he was a real character! Try to remember all the good memories of your lovely Jake, forget the bad one's, I still have times when walking any of my dogs when I remember one of the one's who has crossed to the bridge doing something right where I am, I find it comforting.

The fact that you have Marley is testament to Jake, Marley will never replace Jake but he will remind you of happier times as he grows and develops his own little character over the coming weeks, months and years ahead, he will be his own person as was Jake before him, and they will both be equally precious in your heart.

Thinking of you......:flwr: :flwr:

What a lovely tribute to jake he was a handsome fella!! poor freddie is covered in my tears!

Jake was a gentle old soul. I see it in those expressive eyes of his. You wrote a lovely tribute to a wonderful friend and companion. I'm glad that you and Jake had each other for many years. God bless him and you.

Thankyou everyone, this forum has really helped me through loosing Jake. I always knew it would be hard when he passed on, I never had imagined it would be this hard. This forum enabled me to talk about him, to share my grief, to have support from people who really do understand. And now I'm able to move on with life, with a new little friend and finally be able to remember my old boy for all the joy he brought me... well everyone who met him.
Joanne, your very right, he was such a gentle soul... he just loved everyone, human or animal, he was truely a gentle-man!

I know I should not come on here always land in tears what a beaitful boy ----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Jake and your memories

I was both saddened and relieved to read your message. Sad, of course, that you lost Jake. Relieved, in an odd way that I'm sure you'll understand, that you still grieve for him two years later. My dogs, Toby and Gizmo, haven't been gone as long as Jake. Toby died in August of last year; Gizmo in February of this year. Not a day goes by that I don't think of both of them. Maybe it's something that Sasha (our almost one-year old ruby) does that reminds of us of Toby. Or something that Gadget does that convinces me that he still misses his brother Gizmo. I have both Toby and Gizmo's ashes in our bedroom in oak boxes with their photos and name on them. Every night as I go to bed I pat the top of the boxes and tell them goodnight.

Here's Toby's photo
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/229671166_7ee240e9c2_m.jpg

Here's Gizmo's photo
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/517049851_97eadf5e1f_m.jpg

Hearing from you makes me understand that these memories and feelings are a forever thing. And that grand old cavalier men with gentle souls stay with us always.

Margaret

I loved your tribute, I know how you feel we lost our cocker last november
we put his ashes in a memorial box underneath a plant with his picture on a table in our living room there is not a day that I don't remember him.
judy

That's a wonderful tribute and I know we all understand. The hardest thing about sharing our lives with these companions is knowing some day we have to say goodbye, and that their time is so comparitively brief. Some, we all know the ones, we will especially miss. But for all they bring us, I think it is worth the heartache; the heartache come sprecisely because the time with them is so rich and wonderful. :flwr: And hopefully we can give a lovely, fun-filled life to another doglet who often will bring back cherished memories of another, while also creating new memories of his or her own for us. :)

PS I added the poem to the Quiet Corner post at the top of the In Memoriam section.

Back