• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

vets over charge

rocky

can you tell me if you sometimes buy their prescription online as i have just found a site that sells all treatments that you get from the vet at a fraction of the price the said you just send them a copy of the prescription to them with the vets signature and they can send it out within 48 hours i just saw otomax era drops that i got from my vet yesterday which cost me £16.00 this site i found was charging £7.00 for the exact same drops

I hate to say this-- but much of what a vet sells us, we can get much less expensive somewhere else. This isn't a big deal if you have one or two dogs. But if you have more than 3-- it may be prudent to look for pricing elsewhere.
Eye drops
Ear drops
prescriptions-- human versions are often MUCH cheaper
shots
supplements-- again human versions can be much cheaper

You need to be absolutely sure this is a legit site. Loads of sites sell fake medications for people and pets -- probably the majority of online pharmacies are bogus and that is why they are so amazingly cheap. At a proper pet pharmacy costs will often be less but not drastically less. That sounds suspiciously low but it really depends on the vet too.

I know Barbara and others know the names of some of the trustworthy legit UK pharmacies and will likly offer you some links.

I agree Karlin-- You have to know where the drugs/supplements are coming from. My suppliers are KV vet, fosters and smith, puritan pride and Walmart.

I use an online pharmacy to get Kingston's flea/heartworm treatment. Just make sure to use a well-known site such as Foster's & Smith or 1-800PetMeds.

I can vouch for Petmeds, who undercut anyone else by 5% anyway. The company is run by a vet, who is onsite. Simliarly, Vet-medic is part of the human Manor Pharmacies chain.

As others have mentioned, you do have to be sure of the source, but yes, I buy as much of everything I can online. :)

Back