• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jade 13 July 2005 - 10 April 2011

Kathleen

Feb 2011 by Kath144, on Flickr

I Haven’t Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh.
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven’s gate.

Mar '10 013 by Kath144, on Flickr

My darling Jade..... You brought so much joy into my life and the lives of others. Your SM pain was so hard for me to see and now you are free. You loved being a Therapy Dog until your illness became too much. I'll never know why you had to leave so soon, but as I looked into your eyes for the last time, I could see that you had had enough. I could never have let you go, but God in His wisdom took that decision from me. I will love you forever and won't ever forget you. Watch over Thomas and I until we meet again.......

IMG_2160 by Kath144, on Flickr

So sorry for your loss. What a great dog. Same age as my Phoebe is today so can't imagine how you feel.

So, so sorry for your loss. Her picture is beautiful as is your tribute to her. I have tears in my eyes reading that beautiful poem.
*ng*l

Hello Kathleen. So very sorry for you losing Jade. She was beautiful, inside and out! My dog Belle and myself have just started therapy dog work and it's wonderful. Your precious gem Jade and yourself brought such comfort and joy to so many people. She'll forever be remembered. My heart goes out to you. We're all here to help you with your loss.:cry*ing::hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your precious Jade, and to lose her so young is heartbreaking. Your tribute is really touching and gives a picture of what wonderful work she carried out and how she made a difference to many peoples lives as a therapy dog. Thinking of you at this saddest of times :flwr::flwr:
RIP Jade :luv:

God bless....what a stunning tribute

truly no words to express what a lovely poem that was to share. She was a charming, brave girl.

I am so sorry for your loss. Jade was a lovely little lady who brought much happiness in her life. Your tribute to her is beautiful. She is now free of pain. Cherish the wonderful memories you have of your sweet little Cavalier.
J.

Jade was such a beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute brought tears to my eyes; what a lovely poem. Thank you for sharing it. Again I am so sorry for your heartache.

Although your broken heart will mend, a piece of it will remain with Jade. These dogs truly capture our hearts and souls forever. I don't want the day to come when I will lose one of my four. Give Thomas an extra special hug and kiss.

What a beautiful post and such an honour to Jade. You had me weeping so I cannot imagine how you must feel. Stay strong and keep those memories going of her in her happy days and how she will never stop loving you from heaven. *ng*l

(((hugs)))
heartpump.gif

What a beautiful tribute to your precious Jade. It is just so sad when a Cavie leaves our lives, but so young!

My heartfelt condolences.

So sorry for your loss. That poem is a beautiful tribute to Jade. Her memory will be in your heart always.:flwr:

No words can possibly express my sorrow at losing your Jade at such a young age. What a beautiful pup she was.

I know you must be hurting beyond words. Thank you for sharing the pictures and reminding us of her tribute to others with her therapy skills.

Praying that you will find comfort in knowing that she was well looked after and a comfort to others.

Cindy and Claire

Such a tragic loss - it's hard to lose a Cavalier at any age but I think you feel so cheated when they are young. :(:(

A lovely tribute to a very beautiful girl - she brought much joy and happiness to your life and the lives of many with your therapy work - the joy on that lady's face is something you will treasure all your life.

I think you always carry a sadness with you but that dreadful raw pain eases and you remember the happier times.

Thinking of you at this sad time :flwr:

Back