• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Blenheim colouring - light rust colour

cpell009

So I just picked up my 3 year old blenheim yesterday and I was wondering about her colouring. Around her mouth and neck, down her chest a bit, and around her feet the white seems to have darkened into almost a light pink or rust colour. She had a bath the day before and Im wondering if this is normal and a permanent coloration, or if its something that can be washed out somehow?

It is possible some of this could be staining caused by moisture. Does she drool a lot?

I have a dog that is nearly twelve with health problems that make him drink often. Lack of teeth cause his tongue to hang out and so his mouth, chin, chest and paws, where he rests his head on them, are frequently wet and become stained pinky brown.

Try keeping those areas dry and carefully rub a little talc powder into the stained areas.

Thanks Margaret!! It does seem like "tear stains" but over a much larger portion of her fur, so it is probably from her drinking and it getting soaked into her coat. Im going to try one of those brightening shampoos to see if that works a bit. It was the breeder who bathed her before I picked her up so Im not sure what she was using. She needs a good grooming anyway!

Back