• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Still having wee wee problems!!

G

Gillian

Sorry if I am boring you. But What Abby is doing is this> [Remember her potty with paper in it is in my balcony which I leave open. She is very happy to do her poos in balcony by herself and almost never has an accident ] Now with the wee , if I tell her, Abby come do wee wee paper she comes immediately and does it on paper. Of course I kind of calculate how long its been in between wees. Now if I dont tell her she will hold it and then act really funny, sitting in a corner as if she is worried, even doesnt eat :yikes , which is unbelievable, until I tell her and if I dont she will eventually just wee where she is. Anywhere!!
Any advice please!!!!!
I am quite happy that she does whenever I tell her but cant understand How she doesnt get it, that she should go there whenever she feels the need.
Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks

No I havent tried that. But when she wakes up in the morning and let her out of the crate she runs straight outsside to paper

Gillian,
It sounds like Abby may be confused. She may think it is wrong to wee at all, especially if she was caught weeing in the house and told 'No'.

I would keep track of the time and put her on her paper every 2 hours or so, and also first thing in the morning, after naps, before and after playing, after eating, before bed time, etc. Then every time she wees on the paper, immediately when she is finished and still on the paper, tell her she's a good girl and give her a yummy little treat.

After awhile she will come to understand that it is very good to wee on her paper.

Thanks for the advice I will try that as I just realized that I dont give her the treat on the paper i wait till she is inside. Although as soon as she wees she runs in for her treat but I will try giving it to her on the paper and let you know how it goes.
Thanks

Hi ! i am afraid. Still the same. If I tell her to go on paper she will otherwise she holds it and then of course eventually lets it go. But this hardly ever happens as every couple of hours I tell her to go and she obeys right away. I dont know if this is a good thing or bad?? :?

I would keep doing that, because at least she is always weeing on her paper rather than in the house. It will probably become a habit.

I wonder what is going on in her sweet little head? :huh: Maybe weeing outside (in a garden or going for a walk) would be more motivating for her?

Thanks for caring. I hope eventually she will go outside. As we live in front of a promenade near the sea. But since we live in an apartment. I have taught her to go on paper as in winter it is very windy and rainy sometimes so impossible to go on promenade. She probably will learn anyway as she goes for walks with Kayla sometimes and she will see her going.
thanks

Back