• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

3 weeks tonight...

davey

Its exactly 3 weeks tonight and it feels like only yesterday....i miss my little pal so so much, i know im not the only person ever to go thru this, and that life doesnt revolve around me and my dog...but right now thats all it feels like...i havent stopped cryin in 3 weeks...the chemist are makin a fortune on me with all my calmin stuff :) .... poor little Happy Harry...gone forever.....

It will take time :( Just wanted to send a :hug: I read this poem recently and found it very calming.

We Have a Secret

We have a secret, you and I
that no one else shall know,
for who but I can see you lie
each night in fire glow?
And who but I can reach my hand
before we go to bed
and feel the living warmth of you
and touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths
and see ahead of me,
your small form racing with the wind
so young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
in every brook I pass
and when I call, no one but I
can see the bending grass.

So sorry for you, Davey
One week, and one and a half days, since loosing Samson, I know just how you feel at the moment and my special thoughts are with you.

Hi davey

I know its hard and I havent lost any of my girls but pls pls cheer up the only true healer is time ,so come on lad pls think of all those happy times you had ,God Bless and take care.

Wamest Thoughts
Brian
Ps lovely part of the world my dad came from Sligo area and I enjoy around Westport :)

It must be so hard for you davey, you have my sympathies as i cannot imagine life without my girl. i tell everyone she is going to live til she's 100,otherwise i cry at even the thought of loosing her. there is only time thats going to help & remembering the great times you shared. plse take comfort from knowing Harry is running around right now at the bridge.
Hugs to you & it will get easier, take care

Davey, so sorry. I feel for you. Don't rush your grief. You will always miss Harry and wish for him again, but in time you will begin to remember him with smiles instead of tears.
Big hugs to you from me and my crew.

I'm so sorry Davey. I know its hard. Been there. I couldn't get out of bed when I lost my shih tzu Sandy 7 years ago. Time does heal and I swore I could never have another dog but they bring you such happiness in their short lives. They ask for so little and yet we get soooooooo much in return. Hang in there. We all understand what you're going through.

My heart goes out to you. Just the thought of loosing any of mine makes me cry. I have lost two dogs at 15 years of age and they had a long and happy life and that was hard but there is something about cavaliers that makes it so much harder.
Paulines poem is beautiful and it made me cry.:cry*ing:

Thanks

Thanks so much everyone for ur lovely comments...i feel like a fool.but cant help it.The poem is lovey...thank u :)

Still thinking of you Davey :hug:

And you Justine :hug:

Don't feel a fool Davey. Hang in there and go out for a good long walk and exercise and take in some sun, it's helps when you feel down. :hug:

Im so sorry Davey,
Its heart breaking but time is a healer, although I expect it doesnt feel like that now.
God Bless.

ps Lovely poem Pauline, Im all bleary eyes now.

Mel X

We still miss Alfs,he still my avatar.We call Archie,Alfie.

Pixie is still my avatar as well. I love to see her face "looking" at me. I can't bear to change it. It would feel like I am trying to forget her if I did.

Totally know your grief. When our 16 yr old cocker spaniel Taffy died (even tho we knew it was a matter of time), one is NEVER prepared. Time does help and we remember her fondly now without tears. It took a LONG time to get OH to agree to a dog in the household again - I think he grieved even more than I did. Everyone heals in their own time.

Thanks again for all ur lovely messages. Still so upset. Have started working on a lovely garden area where I laid little Happy Harry to rest, Ive called it 'Harry's Garden'..very original I know!! But I just go up to it now and spend ages at it knowing right well if he was still here he'd be out 'helping' me in the garden by piddling on my plants and flowers and stealing any new plants!!! He was great fun!

Back