• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So why is Gracie so interested in sniffing & eating evergreens?

GraciesMom

I have to really fight to keep her away from certain evergreen shrubs, especially cedar and juniper, but also Christmas trees that were discarded. Even pine needles used as mulch are attractive to her. Holly leaves somewhat.... but not as much as the others. Is this a common thing?

Hi. I noticed you didn't get a reply to your question. I think that every dog is different, so although I think that the interest in evergreens is uncommon, it's not much to worry about, maybe she just likes their smell:roll:
Be careful though, lots of plants such as evergreens and holly can be poisonous, so tiz good to keep her away and perhaps distract her with something else...

My puppy Ollie sounds like your Gracie, he has more or less since we got him at 8 weeks had a thing about plants, we have a Hebe, well we did have more than one until he decided to rip the plant apart, I don`t know why he keeps going back to the same plant, but he still does and now it is stump, he also graps other plants in his mouth and brings it into the house and spreads across the carpet as he goes.icon_devil Mind you today he has decided it would be fun to try and get the washing off the line and grap the arms of the shirts then ping the pegs off the line and chew them, he is quite naughty.

Thanks folks! Working hard to keep Gracie away from bad stuff

I am having to keep her away from all of that stuff outside and inside that she should not eat.... she is a little devil icon_devil on this front and it has now given her colitis. Had mucuousy soft stool and got herself dehydrated. :yuk:

I am wondering if evergreens are of interest because she was raised with a breeder with lots of pine needles in his yard. Maybe it reminds her of "home".

Back