• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Looking for a little help/guidance, or any ideas?

Rj Mac

I've just gave Jake, our black Lab his bath this afternoon, and while I was washing him, I've found a lump on his back end, just above his bottom, We're a little freaked out by it, it's difficult to describe, it looks like a cyst/wart, but it's the size and shape of a marble,maybe slightly larger? obviously he's going straight to the vets when they open in the morning, and I'm trying to get through on the emergency line for a chat with our vet just now, but as yet no answer,

It could be nothing, but finding a lump, is a little nervy in any case, I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

What makes me a little more nervous, when I was a boy, we lost our Sheltie to Bowel cancer, but I can't remember if we found any lumps visible on the outside, there's way too much zooming through our heads rite now,

But on the whole Jake seems his normal self, his stools, were a little soft this morning, but nothing I'd be worried about, apart from this lump?

I'm sorry to waffle on guys,

R.

Long ago, I had a little Maltese mix, and she had 2-3 little flesh colored 'warts' which were hidden in her coat. The vet said not to worry, so I just checked them whenever I bathed her and there was never any problem. Hopefully Jake's will be the same, but it's very good you're having his vet check him. :lotsaluv:

My friends Collie/lab mix recently had two of these removed from the same place they were cysts and he is fine now. Hopefully it will be nothing much.

We've had that with our ruby. She's had several benign cysts which, as they grew, we had removed. Hers were smaller than Jake's, but she's smaller than Jake also. Hers were probably pea-sized to begin with. The vet said they were nothing to worry about. Hope it's the same with Jake.

Just an addition to my last post - the first cyst we noticed on Madison was where Jake's is - on her back end, just above her bottom. That was her largest one, but still was nothing to worry about.

My mum's dog is a lab/collie mix. He too has suffered with benign lumps like this - he has even had a few removed, bless him.

So like it has already been said, take comfort in the fact its probably nothing to worry about

xxxxxxxxxx

Dont panic. It sounds like a cyst. My Pepe had several and one was as big as a large marble in exactly the place you describe. Your vet will be able to asperate it (draw the fluid out with a fine needle) usually they fill up again over a period of time, but you'll know then that its nothing to worry about.

Labs are really prone to fatty cysts, think they are called lipomas. Do have your vet check but it is probably one of those.

Hoping it is nothing....but definitely understand your panic. My Jake currently has a benign lump on his ear. Scared me to death when I first found it. Immediately ran him to the vets, they did an aspiration...and it was nothing. Hoping you have the same great news!

Lumps and Bumps

I had a dog that had some dodgy lumps; bum, in his ear, gums, around his belly and on his chest. They sound the exct same as you described - hard, marbley shaped and not prticularly sore to touch. They were all benign cysts and most were removed without a problem. Some were left in because they were is hard to reach places and they weren't causing problems. Some dogs (as Karlin said wrt labs) are prone to these funny things but there is no need for major concern until it is confirmed to be something to be concerned about!

:xfngr: good luck at the vets

Cassie had a lot of fatty lumps. We were really freaked out when we first found them but the vet said they're nothing to worry about.

I hope Jake gets on ok at the vet :flwr:.

hi guys, thanks for all your replys, got an appointment at the vets this afternoon at 2:40 so :xfngr: for then

lisa

hi guys just back from vets, thankfull nothing to worry about jusy a little cyst, jake to go in one day next week and get it froze

lisa

hi guys just to say jake was at the vets today to get his lump frozen!, just on way to collect him now as just phoned the surgery and they said he was starting to get upset (big softie) looking forward to getting him back but not looking forward to the lump falling off!!!!!!!!!

lisa

Back