• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

any news on Bran???

Bran Home

:rah:
Yup the little guy came home yesterday evening. He's doing well, in good form, barking his head off. He still looks a little strange, shavings etc, and he still has his stitches in which will come out tomorrow, Monday.

He was a little 'off' with Max last night, a bit snarly with him which I kinda expected as they both have been the center of their own universe for the last couple of weeks or so, but they were good friends before this episode so I expect them fully to get on again fairly soon.

Things Bran can't do right now include, running up the stairs, so stairgate in place at the moment, no exercise for a couple of days and even then very gentle walks. He's on a percription diet for a couple of weeks which obviously upsets him!!! (no treats, which is probably a good thing)!

He's still quite skinny, although this suits him as he was a little on the chubby side, he's gone from 11.9kg to 9.9.

It will take time for all to heal, it will be 6 months before he's fully recovered and we have to watch him for any change in bowel habits or any vomiting etc.

So early days, but we are so happy to have him home with us. This time hopefully for good so fingers still crossed....:xfngr:

Big shout out to all who wished him good luck and well wishes they really did help I'm convinced of that.

I'll take a couple of photos of him later and post them.
Thanks again,

xx

Sannie,

So glad Bran is home with you and on the slow mend. What a tough guy he has been and needed to be. Hoping his recovery is uneventful and he's lost his taste for blankets :xfngr:.

Hopefully being home and in the care of people who love him- will help his recovery along. I will keep Bran in my thoughts that he doesn't have any more setbacks.

Wow, I'm so glad he's home, Sannie! He's a tough little guy, that's for sure. Here's hoping that he continues to mend without any problems.

Thats great news that the little guy is home :rah:I hope he's back to his normal self soon. How are things with your vet after all of this? Have you had an apology? I know it doesn't make things better for poor Bran but surely they must make sure it doesn't happen again.

:rah::rah::rah:

I'm so happy to hear that he is ok & home!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news!!!! Yeah little Bran!!!!!!!

:rah::rah::rah:

I'm so glad he's home now - what a relief to know he's so much better. :flwr: Fingers and paws crossed that he'll do well over the next 6 months. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw::paw:

:rah:Glad he's home, atleast he will be able to start his recovery process with lots of love and cuddles.
:xfngr:he'll be back to himself in no time

:rah::rah::rah::rah:i'm so glad to hear that bran is on the mend and at home! it must be so wonderful to have him at home after this horrible scare. lots of hugs and get well wishes!:rah::rah::rah::rah:

So pleased that he is back home - he can continue his recovery in much more familiar surroundings. :rah: Well done Bran for coming through such a difficult time:flwr:.

Great news...I'm so happy for you. Hopefully it's all behind him now:xfngr:

Sending lots of gentle hugs and kisses his way.

That's great news I'm so glad he's home and he's on the mend, get well soon you little prince :xfngr:

Awww I am so pleased and relieved to hear that Bran is home. Don't worry if he is a little snappy around the other dogs for a little while. If he is still a bit tender on his surgery line, or still not 100% himself he is just warning the others to give him some space. It really is the only way he can communicate to them that he is not ready for any rough-housing.

Back