• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Allergies

ashleighelizabeth

Does anyone else have a dog that suffers from allergies? As it has gotten warmer here my dog started itching and biting his paws. He is currently on anti-histamines which has reduced the itching, but not completely taken it away. Does anyone else have any other allergy remedies?

Try switching to a grain free diet and eliminate chicken. Our 11 year old Tri has has allergies the majority of his life, but things got much better once we did the switch. Good luck!

In the past week, there is a pollen out there that makes our Sophie itch, scratch, bite, etc. She is fed raw, no grains or carbs, etc. due to her other allergies. This one is seasonal; it happens this time, every year. OTC antihistames don't help her at all. Last year, the vet had to give her an Rx antihistamine, I think it was called Hydroxyzine. He had her on it for 2 or 3 weeks, just enough to get us past whatever was in bloom. It worked well. The biting, scratching, etc. have started again. Once I see raw red skin, I'll take her in and ask for the Rx again. Hopefully it will not come to that, this year.

Back