• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CAtch me if you can?

Blondiemonster

Any of your cavies like to play this game? It's Blondie's favorite.
She has a toy and wants me to run after her. She will spin around the table and then I switch sides on her and she is SO fast, she will then run through the hallway while I run after her. Then back, and back again. When I stop running she looks back with a face that's like "Why did you stop mom? Come on!!!!" and the minute I make a move she speeds up like a racehorse and goes hide under the bed. It's so funny.

She used to, but the game was usually preceeded by "LEAVE IT" "NOT YOURS" "DROP IT" "GIMME THAT!!!" Hahaha, Rose was a little stinker :p.

But she and our 7 year old still play this around the house, though it's almost more like "tag", which I am so happy about, because our boxer would really play tag and they would take turns chasing each other. I was afraid our next dog wouldn't "get it", but Rose does, and it entertains them and wears them both out well :) .

Last edited:
9 week old Oliver tries to get 7 1/2 year old Clancy to play this game. When he succeeds, though, he freaks out and runs under a bush or my lawn chair for rescue! :rotfl:

Too funny!! Rose had been working on getting the cats to play chase with her, and while one cat would, the other cat was, um, not as receptive. One day they were in the yard, and this cat decided that maybe she would play with the puppy- but the cat was going to be "it". She wiggled her butt in the air, and took off after Rose...Rose was running in fear for her life, lol!

We always called it the "chase me" game with Maddie, and she still likes to do this even though she's 6yrs old. Bless. Her favourite was always if OH put any tools like screwdrivers down when doing some DIY. He would turn round to use it again to see Maddie out of arms reach with said item in her mouth and "that" look in her eye. :rotfl::rotfl:

My favourite was when the item was a ball of string in the garden. I think you get the picture ............. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

After I started this game with Nalu when she was a puppy and she LOVED it but then began the habit of backing away whenever anyone approached her...with a leash, to great her, to pick her up, etc. It's frustrating to ALWAYS be in the chase mode with her. Behavior classes start soon and I'm hoping to get some help with it.

Benji only likes to play this game with things he finds in the garden. Mainly twigs and stuff he shouldn't have, such as wrappers that people drop!
I wish he'd play it with his toys because it's quite fun when it doesn't end with me having to wrestle something out of his mouth.

It's frustrating to ALWAYS be in the chase mode with her. Behavior classes start soon and I'm hoping to get some help with it.
If she is food motivated, you can bait her instead of chasing her. She'll be coming to you in no time!

If she is food motivated, you can bait her instead of chasing her. She'll be coming to you in no time!

Thank you for the tip. She's never had much of an appetite but meat scraps may work for training. She'll "sit" until I get close enough to touch her and then moves away super fast. She's really good at it and knows it! Getting her to "stay" seems like a game of outsmarting me.

Well. Today our game of catch me if you can turned out like this: (yes thats my sweater)
:lpy::lpy::lpy:

photo-3-1.jpg

Back