• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bye bye little Mr.Harry

xoxHannaHxox

As much as Harry struggled with his MVD and had a few bad days over the course of about 3 years, his continuous ability to fight back and become like a new dog every time left me somehow thinking he was invincible. Now my fingers are trembling as I click "post new thread" "in memorium".

I lost Harry suddenly yesterday evening in my bedroom. He had had a funny tummy since Tuesday but otherwise seemed happy, nothing like how he had seemed when he had been poorly before and I feared for his life a good number of times before, but not this time. I gave him a little bath on Tuesday night and he seemed fine, I was concerned as he chose to lay down in the bath instead of sit but didn't think too deeply into it. Usually I could tell by his eyes when he felt ill, he still had that sparkle though.

Yesterday morning, he was a little sick. I blamed myself, I gave his tablets in some cheese, maybe it didn't agree with him. I got called into work and dad looked after him. I walked in about 6pm and he was lying in the doorway, he saw me and was wagging his tail. I let him into the garden. I noticed he had been out there some time so I went to look for him. He was sat on the path and had probably just been sat staring for a good 10 minutes. I went back in the house and grabbed a towel to keep him warm and I wrapped it around him and sat next to him. Then his front legs slowly slipped out infront of him and he lay down. I was seriously worried. So I carried him upstairs to my bedroom, lay him on his blanket and put some twinkly lights on for him. I don't know why, I felt I knew, I wanted him to relax.

I jumped in my car and sped to the shop to get him some fresh chicken. Again, I don't know why other than I just wanted him to have his favourite dinner that night. I chopped it up and came upstairs to my bedroom where he was lying. He ate the chicken and I stopped worrying, when he's poorly he won't eat and he did. I was so pleased. I put the plate down and he sat up. Then he fell. I should have caught him but I was in shock, I didn't have time although it seemed time had stood still. His back legs went up at an angle really stiff. I held them. I put my hand on his heart and with a quiet whimper he had gone. I couldn't feel his heart anymore. I cried for my dad. My family came round and I cried all night. I woke up and for a split second I thought I had dreamt it.

I got Harry when I was about 10 after I begged my mum and dad for years. Finally we went to get them. Out of all the puppies bounding around, little Harry came and curled up in my lap, he chose me. I took him home on the happiest day of my life. He has made each day the happiest until now, I am 21. For the first time since I can ever remember, I have to face the world without him. He was my soulmate, my best friend, my brother, my baby and sometimes even like a father. I lost my job in September to go back to college part time. We have been together nearly everyday 24/7.

Everytime I hear a bump I think he's coming up the stairs into my room, everytime I hear the door open I think it's dad letting him into the garden. I want to hold my hand out and feel his ears there, I want to feel the nudge of his little head if I stopped stroking him.

Thankyou so much for your support and sorry this was long. I cant believe it. I feel like I can't go on, life is so empty without him. I feel like I will never smile again.

Rest in peace my beautiful little companion. I love you more than anything in the world. One day I will see you again.

Hi

RIP little one ,I am at work but reading this brought tears to my eyes ,we are so sorry for you ,Mr Harry must have
been a wonderful boy and companion .

I am so sorry that you lost Harry :hug:. I have read your posts over the past few years when Harry became poorly and how he rallied each time. Having had Harry since you were so young must make the pain more difficult to bear and the love you had for him comes so strongly through your post. I hope that in time, your pain will be eased by the lovely memories you have of your time together. Run free sweet Harry.

I am in tears for you, I am so sorry. He was so lucky to have you, twinkling pretty lights, his favorite meal and all of your love that night. He is so lucky and went in peace. Prayers for you. hugs.

I want to say how sorry I am that you have lost Harry.
You are feeling so lost at the moment and that's understandable if you lose your close friend from your childhood.
I am sending you my very best wishes and a hug.
Run free dear Harry !

I am so sorry you have lost Harry. He sounds like he was a wonderful companion for you. How lucky he was to have you taking such good care of him all these years.

Oh dear......I am so sorry about your wonderful sweet Harry. It sounds like he wanted to give you something back that day. So h rallied and struggled and ate because it was a gift for you. And he went on his terms, in a peaceful, loved filled place with a full belly, beautiful lights and a sweet girl holding him. You gave him a beautiful moment.

I know that it will be hard. He's been a part of your life from a time when you were just a tender age yourself......he was your companion. Take whatever time you need to grieve. He deserves that.

Hugs to your whole family.

hi
im so so sorry for your loss of harry tears are in my eyes for you
its heartbreaking when they leave us but life dose get better and you are left with wonderful memorise
sending cuddles to you from louie and his mum

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Thank you all so much for your kind words, they have helped me so much.

I have pretty much been in bed all the time since it has happened. Odd visits from family members and my partner Russ has had as much time off work as he can to be with me. Harry loved Russ so much, I'll never forget the look on his face everytime he saw him. Harry just wanted to be around him all the time when he came over. Russ is also grieving and going to work with a heavy heart remembering the times we used to take him out in the car for long walks and new smells.

It is so silly how I cannot move from my bedroom, the place he loved the most and where he left me. I can see his fur still on my carpet. I remember reading a post about a lovely lady who had lost her little one and could not bear to Hoover her floor. I know exactly how she feels. I feel like I can't go downstairs as all his favourite napping spots will be empty. The house feels like a shell, not a home. I feel I can't go out because I'm scared of returning, opening the door and not seeing a wagging tail and sparkling eyes.

I have read about rainbow bridge but just keep thinking too deeply into it. He didn't get on with the other dogs, he had separation anxiety. I am just at a loss.

We buried him yesterday under the blossom tree in our garden outside my bedroom window. He was in his furry bed covered in his blanket. I keep picturing him there. I am scared of the rain, I don't want him to get wet.

I think I am still in shock. He was my best friend. I have cried and cried and I am exhausted. All the problems I had are irrelevant and all the petty things I used to worry about seem so ridiculous. I even have to cover my ears when the neighbours dog barks... they are so lucky.

I have applied to volunteer at a local rescue center. I hope this is a good idea although I don't feel I am ready just yet.

Im sorry for rambling but I have so many thoughts in my head I just need to get them out.

I miss my soulmate and I will miss him forever. [/FONT]

Wow. Your post really touched my heart. Your descriptions are beautiful. Im crying.. Sorry for your Mr Harry. It seems as if he went in peace.. As for the rainbow bridge; imagine a grandmother or grandfather that passed or an aunt or friend or family waiting for them at the bridge. Ask that person to take care of Harry and picture harry sitting on their lap looking down..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Iam so so sorry for your loss of Harry , it sounds like you guys had such a special bond and for you to be with him at the end will have been a great comfort to you both..... He can now run free from MVD at Rainbow Bridge . I lost my first cavalier Scooby to MVD last year so I know exactly how you feel.

Hugs
Sharon

I'm so sorry for your loss! He sounds like he was such a wonderful little man! He had a fantastic life and knew how much he was loved.

Scamper free little Harry!

Back