• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So I stepped on my dog!

MomObvious

Yep, we were at my parents house this afternoon and I stepped on Fletcher AND we both FELL down the deck stairs onto the concrete!!!!!!! Well, luckily Fletcher is fine. My brother-in-law was there, he's a vet and he checked over him real well, he does have a scrape on his right front leg but nothing is broken and he went back to running on it within 5 minutes. But I KNOW my foot was on that leg for a split second (I switched weight off that foot really fast and is probably the main reason I ended up falling down the steps). So that is the MAIN thing Fletcher is fine, just wash the scrape and make sure it heals up. I did have some left over pain meds from his neuter my brother-in-law said I could give him 1/4 a dose which I did just to make sure he not hurting. :)

HOWEVER, I did not fair as well with the fall. I scraped my hands and one elbow which feels like they are in fire still AND for added fun I sprang in left ankle AND broke a small bone in the top of my left foot. NICE, I ended up going to the emergency room!!!!! I felt like a total nerd telling the doctor I tripped over my dog. Better me than Fletcher tho or one of the kids. So now I am sitting on the sofa with my foot wrapped up with ice and I'm pretty much stuck here right now. I'm not suppose to walk on my foot for 5 to 7 days and go back to my doctor in 2 weeks. That is not really gonna work but again I'll do the best I can. At least I have a cute little sweet unharmed dog to keep my company.

oh man.. im glad fletcher is okay..thats a big relief.. poor you though!! That totaly sucks. Sorry that happened to you :(
musta hurt!!

I am sorry you got hurt. I have stepped on the dogs a few times...you would think they would learn to get out of my way. I have hurt myself trying to get out of their way too, never bad enough to go to the ER though! So sorry you are stuck on the couch for a few days. Good luck healing!

Fletcher was fine never showed any signs of anything. As for me it was pretty impossible for me to stay off my foot, so its still a touch sore but......I'm still glad I was the one who got hurt and not Fletcher or one of the kids. I did "force" my daughter (she's 16) to walk Fletcher every evening since the mile walk to and from preschool twice a day pretty much killed my foot.

Its funny we were at my parents house yesterday, I kept looking around for Fletcher before I moved my feet :)

Back