• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Buster 20/4/00 - 9/1/10

diddy

Sadly Buster had been unwell recently and saw the Vet Friday pm. He was booked for tests/poss op this morning. For the return journey the doggie cab driver (pre booked) who turned up refused to take him, saying he was "too big". We got a bus 1/2 way home, but had to walk the rest of the way through thick snow and ice. He was a real trooper, and never once faltered.

I slept beside him that night, but by 5am it was clear he was failing. To save further suffering he was pts at home in his bed Saturday.

Thank you Buster for being my Big Strong Boy, Faithfull Friend and soft and gentle playmate to Lucy and the boys. Night Night my darling.

Hi diddy

So sorry about Buster ,keep his memories close to you .:(
And I sincerely hope that cabbie gets four flat tyres tonight ,what goes around comes around .

Good Night Buster.

With Sincerest Wishes
brian:(

I am so sorry for your loss.
It’s always so hard when we come to that part of our best friend’s life. My thoughts are with you.:hug:

So very sorry to hear your sad news :(

I'm disgusted at the cab driver - some people are so horrid :mad:

Bless you for allowing Buster's life to end with dignity - it's always a very hard decision but the kindest, most loving thing we can do for our companions when the end is here.

Buster sounds such a character, he obviously enjoyed a happy life with you and I hope the memories will comfort you through the next few difficult weeks, and help you in the future.

So sorry to hear this :hug:

I'm sure it was a difficult decision to make but Buster is painfree now and I'm sure he is so grateful that you were strong enough to make such a selfless decision.

Thinking of you and yours at this sad time :flwr: :hug:

As for that cab driver - what goes around comes around :mad:

I am so sorry about your loss of Buster.

I can't believe the the lack of compassion in some people. That cab driver was so horrible and heartless. I have one word for him: Karma.

I'm so sorry to hear about Buster. He looked like he was just a big old teddy bear. What a trooper, I'm sorry you had to go through so much, that's just wrong of the driver. Rest well Buster.

I'm so sorry to hear about the traumatic last days you had, hopefully you will feel a little better every day, I lost my little girl cav in August, I think of her every day, but now its with nice memories instead of just sad thoughts.

Im so sorry for your lose, It bought tears to my eyes.
Cherish those memories forever.
Rest in peace Buster
ox

So sorry about your loss. Buster looked a lovely dog and you've been brave to make the decision to PTS. Sleep tight lovely boy :hug:

As for the cab driver, I hope and pray that in addition to four flat tyres, his engine blows up. Nasty Nasty person.

So sad and sorry to hear of your loss of Buster. Any loss is sad but even more at this time of year.

As for the taxi driver; here in Boston on New Year's Eve, several taxis left a young wheelchair bound young lady stranded. They wouldn't pick her up.

Turns out her father had been very instrumental in obtaining equal rights for all and a major bridge is named for him and several taxis had a picture of that bridge on their logo. Needless to say heads are rolling.

Heather R

Back