• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wallis Update

Crittercall

After several days of waiting (& you know how happy that made me!) the vet finally called this morning with blood results from Wallis taking the doxycyline.

It hasn't made any change in the blood, which is what we were hoping for. Her platelets, hematocrit and RBC counts were all basically the same as they had been last time. There was still clumping of the platelets, which is not unusual.

I have had her on MSM & Chondroitin for several days now and can already tell a difference in her. She's not jumping around like a puppy, but I can tell it is easier for her to get up onto her bed or stand up from a lying position.

Unless something dramatic happens she will be checked again in 90 days.

Sorry you did not get the results from the doxycyline you were hoping for but glad to hear she is getting around better.

Glad to hear that Wallis staying the same and getting around a little better Donna. :)

Hope you had a nice few words with that vet for making you work so long.. - "Yum Yum.." :D

Also I am glad to hear that the glucosamine and chondroitin are making a noticeable difference for her. ;)

Keep us posted!

:hug::hug: to Wallis, Tibby, Sasha, Kitty, You and Bubba

Funny I had just been thinking about Wallis and wondering how she was doing and if you had any results. I read your post the wrong way, that you had hoped the doxy. wouldn't make any change, but I see you mean that you HAD hoped it would make a change. That is disappointing but it sounds like she is holding steady generally and showing some improvements. :) Hope all continues to stay stable.:xfngr:

Donna,

I'm so pleased that Wallis is getting around a bit better :hug: She's obviously feeling more comfortable, bless her x

Sorry to hear you didnt get the results you wanted on blood work but that is great news with the MSM & Chondroitin! It takes time for it to kick in so you may see Wallis loosen up even more in the next bit.

I really appreciate the support from all of you. The results on Wallis could have been much worse, so I'm okay with that. And with the way the MSM and chondroitin are working I think I'm gonna start taking it!

I am pleased to hear that Wallis is moving about more comfortabley. :flwr: I hope that trend continues.

Back