• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

BETTER PIC

That's cute Linda

If you copy and paste the third line down under the image, where it says Img, it should appear on here

EG

bailey008.jpg

Too long since I've had a pup to be able to recommend a flea shampoo, but personally I wouldn't panic just yet. Keep a careful watch to make sure there aren't anymore, and if you do see some, or find dirts on Bailey, then obtain a product from your vet.

Oh very cute!! :lol:

I don't use any flea shampoos so can't comment on that.

Cedar had fleas once. Giving the pup a bath in regular water will kill a lot of the fleas. We also gave Cedar a bath in generic flea shampoo for dogs that we bought at a discount store. We also got her on Frontline II ASAP. It will help kill the adult and the eggs. I would say it's more important, with a mild infestation, is to use a flea comb several times a day on the dog, to clean all of it's bedding, and to spray carpet (if you have anyway) with a flea spray. The cleaning is the key; even if you get the dog flea-free through fancy shampoos, if your house has fleas, the dog will get them again!

Dont freak out about the fleas, either. If you get it under control before the infestation gets crazy, it's just a mild annoyance to the dog.

(Hint: when using the flea comb, have a cup of soap and water nearby. If you catch a live flea, dip the comb in the soapy water. Shake it to get the flea off--it will die in the water--and you can keep cleaning. )

Oh he is Sooooooo sweet ! What a beautiful boy - Congrats! ;)

I use Revolution - it is for both heartworms and fleas. I really like this product and have used it on puppies with good results.

Back