• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Embrace Pet Insurance Update

brotymo

Hello everyone, I wanted to post on my experience with my pet insurance since I got the final status of my claim from Pixie's hospitalization. First, they were sensitive to our situation losing Pixie, and they bypassed making me fill out and sign the claim form. They gathered the phone numbers for my vet and the hospital and got that information directly from them for me. There were delays based on the vet hospital taking a while to get the claim form faxed over to Embrace, but once they got it there, Embrace was quick. They paid every cent minus my $200.00 annual deductible and my 10% copay. The vet hospital said many companies won't pay for mechanical ventilation, which was $530.00 of our $1300.00 bill, but Embrace paid and didn't exclude anything. I have been very pleased with their service, sensitivity and timeliness. I must say, from my experience, I recommend them and will get another policy for our next cavalier. They do cover congenital defects and offer continuing care as well.

I'm SO glad that your insurance was accomodating and they gave you no trouble. It's great that they were able to work directly with the vet without you ;)

I also had a great experience with my insurance company who paid 90% of Kosmo's luxating patella surgery claim, and they even went as far as to cover me for a doggy stroller and an x-pen for post surgical recovery. It was deemed "medically necessary" by my vet, because he had both legs done at once. Woohoo, huh?

I'm sorry that you lost Pixie :( I think about your story often still, and it's taught me a lot. Peace be with you.

~Sara

Great to hear that your insurance company was so responsive. When Jake had cancer our insurance paid quickly and timely. One less thing I had to worry about.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I know people considering insurance will appreciate having this option to look at amongst the choices out there. (y)

They sound like a very good company - thanks for sharing. That's who I'll go with next time I get a puppy. (y)

pet insurance

thanks so much for posting this. i spent several hours last night reviewing various options on policies. after your message i checked out this company and i think i'm going to go with it. nothing like having your 10 1/2 year old cavalier at two days and counting in the critical care unit of a vet hospital to get you thinking about pet insurance. i'm trying to enroll my two younger ones (2 and 4).

thanks again.

margaret

ouch! so sorry about your senior cavalier. I hope he/she is doing better. Pixie was in ICU from a Sunday at about 4 p.m until about 9:30 p.m the next day when she passed away, and that bill was $1300.00.

cost of CCU

hi....

yes, it certainly is expensive. in just a blink of an eye we were at $2,000. gadget is home now and on intensive medical treatment (5 meds, special diet, etc.) but we opted not to do some of the more invasive medical procedures that were suggested...for all sorts of reasons. some about us, some about gadget, some about our experience with a dog with MVD and the efforts we went through at the end.

anyway, i'm all set now for my younger two with embrace. it's going to do what i want...just like a major medical problem.

thanks again for sending a note out about it. i'm sure at this point, one of the last things you are thinking about is insurance. and i am very sorry about pixie. it sounds like it was a very devastating experience. and again, you did a kind thing by sharing what happened. it's been a real heads-up about an experience that i certainly was unaware of.

margaret

So sorry you are having problems with Gadget.

Just had an e-mail from a friend who has Pet Plan insurance and that's another that is highly endorsed. She said she was reimbursed for all expenses and they were very nice to deal with. Her little man is all better now :)

hi....

thanks again for sending a note out about it. i'm sure at this point, one of the last things you are thinking about is insurance. and i am very sorry about pixie. it sounds like it was a very devastating experience. and again, you did a kind thing by sharing what happened. it's been a real heads-up about an experience that i certainly was unaware of.

margaret

It helped me to share it, and I am sorry you are dealing with tough times with Gadget. I hope he can improve, and I wish you all peace with the decisions that you have to make when weighing all the factors.

We also have Embrace and have been very pleased with them. We met our $200 deductible earlier this year when Ruby had her tear ducts cleaned out, so I'm currently awaiting my checks for her knee surgery. Prior to the surgery, we had to go the vet emergently to have her kneecap put back in place. Embrace is paying us back 90% of both that visit and the surgery, so I think we only ended up paying about $200 out of pocket for the entire thing. They are also VERY prompt with returning emails and phone calls and are so incredibly nice and caring. They even sent us a Christmas card last year! I would (and do) highly recommend this company.

Thanks for the info. I've been looking into Embrace and was wondering, of those of you who use them, do you have the prescription plan? I never know if prescription plans are worth it and if they cover all meds.

We are not on the prescription plan. Ruby is a pretty healthy little girl so far, so we didn't feel like it was necessary. That may change in the future, but for now, we've decided against it.

Back